Coming off Medication to 'reset'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh heavens, I know that. I will blame brain fog for making me write the wrong thing.
Thanks very much for the correction, cookiebaker. Very important to get it right.
Its all good, Sunkacola - we all have our moments ;) like, I forget why I took it some years back, lol - obviously there was a reason, but darned if I can remember what it was. There have been so many others in between then and now that i forget what was when, and why.

that one and wellbutrin both gave me crazy dreams. the wellbutrin I do remember was to try to stop smoking.. it did not last long either due to the dreams. I do still want to quit, but it wont be with wellbutrin.

anyway.. @JamieMarc - I am glad you had the conversation with your doc, and have decided on your course of action. It really is about weighing the pros & cons, and deciding what you can or cant live with. gentle ((hugs)) to you!

C9A9ECAC-A125-4C67-980D-FA830F3A752B.png

This is a little off topic but since amitriptyline is being discussed here I thought I would ask. Does anyone here experience very disturbing dreams with amitriptyline or any other antidepressants? I have found that all of the antidepressants I have used give me extremely disturbing dreams, so disturbing in fact that I sometimes feel suicidal in the morning until the feeling wears off after about 30 to 40 minutes. It is the one serious side effect that I hate so much. I am on 50 mg amitriptyline right now. I started at 25 mg. Also, depending on the experience of others here, does a higher dose of amitriptyline stop the disturbing dreams? I have an appointment in a couple days with my mental health doctor and I don't know whether to discuss increasing my dose or just keeping it as is. It is prescribed for MDD but I chose amitriptyline because of it's potential for pain relief as well with my fibromyalgia. Any shared experiences would be most helpful. Thank you everyone.
They give me vivid dreams and nightmares but fortunately they lessened over time along with the groggy feeling. I've also lessened my dose to 10mg, the highest was 60mg which caused muscle spasms. Hoping you can find some benefit, it is difficult finding a balance with side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back