Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
MO
State
Missouri
I started working at a place I love just over a year ago. I was hired in part-time, a couple of days a week. Since then, I have tried to work more hours, I have changed positions at that job and I keep trying to go for the goal, working up to 40 hours a week. How do I accept my limitations? I can go for a bit on a roll, work through the pain and fatigue but then there are times where I can't even make it to the shower, much less work.

Fatigue is my biggest issue. But it seems like since I have gotten fibro (2007), I get sick more frequently or have many other issues. I worry about losing my job as a result, but I also hate the idea of going back to them, again, and telling them to cut back my hours. I want to be able to do more. Acceptance is a very hard thing.

You can apply for FMLA and AB2222..it gives you time off without giving you trouble for taking off..Your pcp should be able to help you with that..hope this helps and I found out the taking 4,000 mg of Vitamin C helps with fatigue.

That's one good tip kiki, if fatigue has settled in we need to rest and we should try to see what works as well as get the stated supports that exist precisely because of this.

Hi there and welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear you are feeling this way and going through all that, and yes, acceptation is really hard at first, but don't worry, once you do it you will feel better. For some of us it was hard to accept our reality, but here we are. You will be ok :) Also if you do want a send opinion, then do get it... I've heard a lot success stories from people who found a great doctor willing to work with them.

When everything gets to that point all you should do is try to calm down and think about the things you should do not to let it crew up your whole life, try to rest for longer ammounts of time, try to change your lifestyle, meet new people, get surrounded by people who you really know are going to support you, good luck and hopefully you get better man.

Thank you everyone! I am very thankful for this forum and being able to share with and listen to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back