Considering medication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affinity --- good for you!! I am impressed that you had this conversation, knowing how hard it was for you. You are stronger than you think. You just need to exercise that strength to speak what is true and express your needs to your husband. Especially good that you were able to point out other times when he was supportive, and that he is thinking on that as a result. I am so proud of you. Keep it up!
And thanks so much for letting us know how it is going. I am pulling for you.

Affinity --- good for you!! I am impressed that you had this conversation, knowing how hard it was for you. You are stronger than you think. You just need to exercise that strength to speak what is true and express your needs to your husband. Especially good that you were able to point out other times when he was supportive, and that he is thinking on that as a result. I am so proud of you. Keep it up!
And thanks so much for letting us know how it is going. I am pulling for you.
Thank you so much, I realize that I need to speak up more if he is going to understand or even just listen. Thanks for your encouragement! You think after 9 years of marriage it would be easy to talk but what's really easy is getting into a routine and then finding yourself stuck there!

Do not take Cymbalta or Lyrica! I had the worst side effects I have ever had from anything. Then, it took me months and months to wean myself off Cymbalta, with the help of my Primary Care Doctor. I had taken it for about 2 years with no side effects and it seemed to help; then came the onslaught. I call it the drug from hell.
That said, I am in terrible pain and nothing seems to help. I do get a little relief with Tramadol & Tylenol, but it is short-term. I was diagnosed with fibro about 8 years ago. I am starting with a new Rheumatologist now & am praying she will help me.

I've been following the forum for months and just recently introduced myself. There is so much amazing advice, the most important being "Do what's best for you." As is obvious from this thread, Fibromyaliga affects everyone differently, therefore managing your disease is an individualized approach. To say, DO take medicine, or DON'T take medicine really depends on you. Initially, I couldn't get out of bed due to the pain therefore I needed medical intervention. I found that keeping a symptom diary, simply coded with pain levels and sleep, (or lack of) etc. was very effective. I brough this to my doctor and we sat down and addresses the symptoms. I have slowly eliminated some medicatations and am currently taking Cymbalta, use CBD pain cream daily and do moderate yoga. This is what works for me along with many creative hobbys. Educating yourself and learning to be your own advocate (which is by no means easy) may be the best approach for a newly diagnosed person. I send you strength and courage and am glad you are here for support.

Best,
Bright

Educating yourself and learning to be your own advocate (which is by no means easy) may be the best approach for a newly diagnosed person.
Couldn't say it better myself.
That's why experimentation and being open to all different approaches and trying different things is important. The particular combination that works for you may be unique to you, but if it works it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back