Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
Hello. New here, 40 yrs old female. I have been experiencing a deep ache from hips down to tips of toes. Occasional sharp pain. It doesn’t go away.
It started pretty suddenly about 5 days ago. There is fatigue, insomnia (or at least hard to get to sleep), and some IBS. Some numbness in hands at times.
I assumed it was the stress of working from home & having a toddler home.
I had Covid back in June with no major complications.
I’m not sure how urgent a doctor’s visit should be, what to expect, and how to deal with the constant leg/foot pain in the meantime.
Any insights would be appreciated.

Hi Kelly... I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and offer my sympathy. However, since there is at this point no way of knowing what is the source of your problems, no insights are possible, especially from a group of non-doctors on the internet. :)

The best advice you can get at this point is to go see a doctor and describe everything you are experiencing. You may need to be tested for several different things that could be causing this. It is highly inadvisable to self-diagnose. How urgent the situation is is of course up to you. But if it were me, I would see a doctor if the symptoms have not abated in two weeks, and certainly would see one sooner if they were to get rapidly worse, or if the pain is causing you so much discomfort that your daily activities are seriously curtailed.

There are so many things that could be causing this. Some will get worse if not treated, but do have effective treatments. You need to find out.

I wouldn't be thinking at all about fibromyalgia yet after 5 days! But I'd try hot or cold pads or showering for the ache, pain, fatigue, sleep and IBS in the meantime. If you keep that short that shouldn't make it worse. And read around/ask for things that can make you get to sleep better (relaxing music, ear plugs, blackout curtains/blinds etc.) and diets (e.g. elimination diet) in case you really have IBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back