Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
NY
Hi All,

Lately I've noticed my leg pain in both legs are worsening.
I just lied down and as soon as I do both my legs are aching soo bad. I would get sciatica pain on and off during sleep, but this constant aching is really starting to get to me.
I'm on Gabapentin and I did decrease some , only because I felt it was causing some memory issues.
So I'm wondering what else would be a better choice of med or treatment for the leg pain if u have experienced this before.
I notice if I get out of bed and walk a little it subsides. Which doesn't help if I'm trying to sleep lol.

Just wondering what others are using for pain in legs.

Sagey

My legs hurt 24/7 to point i find it hard to walk around my house..so far i have found very little that helps...if the pain has increased after your gabby was reduced maybe its worth the memory issues to improve the pain. Other than that i take cocodamol which is uk med of 30mg codeine and paracetamol
( tylenol i think in US)... it sometimes takes the edge off but so far nothing has rid me of daily severe leg knee and foot pain.

Does the gabby help the pain in the rest of your body significantly Sagey?

I hope you get more replies and find something that helps. Good Luck

Tramadol and paracetamol help me a lot.upping my gabbipintin seems to work well to.of course there are days when nothing helps.

Hi,

Thanx I've been sick the last few days. With a cough and flu like symptoms, that have worsened my Fibro symptoms of course.

My legs are worse,and my knees are killing me.
I've been sitting around more and they have gotten worse from not moving.

What a difference when Im not moving,and just lying down to rest to conserve energy.
Now I can see what they mean by excercise helping. Not strenuous excercise but just moving more to try to keep from getting stiff.

I never get a cold, this is the first time in about 6 years.I usually take vitamin C everyday. I find it helps my Fibro and keeps me healthy from other things.

Can't wait to get back to my sick self lol.

Sagey

Yep, leg pain, me too. I think the gabapentin helps with that but I can only take it at night because it makes me too sleepy if I take it in the daytime. The tramadol doesn't really help with the leg pain, which usually gets worse as the day goes on and is worst at night.

Flexeril (muscle relaxer) helps with my chronic leg pain from fibro. You can also try restless leg syndrome medication. A friend of mine with Fibro uses that and it works well for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back