Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
WI
I’ve had fibromyalgia for about 7 years now. It started out rather mild and infrequent between flares. Now however is a different story. I’m in pain 90% of the day almost everyday. I may get a few hours a week with no pain but it’s few and far between. I have constant burning pain in my upper back and chest that moves around my body. Arms and legs are also affected off and on. This runs parallel with my anxiety causing the symptoms to be exasperated I believe. Does anyone else have similar symptoms? How do you cope?

well like you i also have wide and varied symptoms. no two days are the same my pains vary from dull aches,, burning sensation, breathlessness and generally only, too aware that you are living in you own body,How to cope? take great comfort in the help and support of any family and friends you may have, you must view your glass as always being half full not empty i am lucky to have met a loving partner after many years of emotional pain and he supports me greatly through my fm journey hope you have the same support as you look very happy from your photo .

How you cope is you just do. I don't mean to sound flippant. But, the thing is you have no choice but to cope, so you learn how to cope. Some people dive into the misery and then have miserable lives, but if you instead work with what you have you will do better.

The really important thing, I think, is to be your own advocate and researcher. Knowledge is power, and you have to do all your own experimenting to find out what works for you to help. Don't put all your trust or expectation on the medical establishment to make you feel better, decide that you are responsible for your own health and try whatever might help and do it in a methodical way. There are many things that people use to help themselves, not just medications. Recently there was a thread here about what people use to help themselves deal with this...you may want to look that up.

Do your best to eat a healthy diet, get exercise and to stay positive. That's all a tall order, but just do your best and some days that will be better than others. Try to avoid stress, and where possible remove stressors from your life.

And, come here for advice and support.

I also have daily pain 24 /7, been 8 years now, it's difficult to live a normal life. I also have migraines, and menopause hot flashes every 2 hours that provoke fibromyalgia pain and migraines... I'm on a hamster wheel.
With all this said I take prescription drugs called Tramacet 37.5 MG 2x per day and it works amazingly. I it is an Opiod and addictive.
Of course exercise, but water fitness may help you...
Hope you feel better soon 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back