Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
UK
State
UK
Hi all..I have fibromyalgia, and last year I had a total thyroidectomy, ever since I have been in agony. I am always hurting always got head aches. And I have now started experiencing tingling in my.legs and hands. My limbs feel like led weights and I'm self medicating because I don't receive the appropriate care I need. I do have a telephone appointment with my gp next week. Does anyone feel like I do and does anyone feel their could be another underlying issue with my symptoms. I am even struggling to type this post. Thanks for any feed back. Sending the my warmest wishes.

I have fibromyalgia was diagnosed a couple of years ago when they thought maybe RA. I have tenderness stiffness most of the time. The bad flares consist of hurting just about everywhere. Finger joints, ankles , wrists, shoulders actually only my face didn’t hurt at one point. I ended up have to have a total thyroidectomy in September of this year. I was flared really bad before it. Probably bc of stress of having the surgery ans I couldn’t take any ibuprofen two weeks bf surgery. I normally take three in the morning and more later if I can’t manage. I also take zanaflex
Which my dr prescribed if it gets bad but don’t find it helps much. But is a muscle relaxer. Klonopin helps better but I done take that more than once a week. When I went to surgery I was in the worst flare ever could hardly move. When I woke up it was all gone for about 10 days Ans it came raging back. I was off work for 4 weeks. I have a physical job at target. Like stocking lifting bending etc. I was gradually put on my synthroid and am up to 125 at this point will be checked again next week. I have not had a flare since October. I can still feel all the tender points etc but it’s all very bearable. What is your dose of synthroid Ans your tsh. Mine is 1.2. I also take vitamin b shots Ans some supplements for weight loss. I had the thyroidectomy for large nodules they effected my breathing and turned out to be early stage cancer. Keep in touch. Shawn

@Sdfoxy thank you for your story. Sounds alot like me. My thyroid was the same so had it removed to prevent it going toxic. I to was ok for about 3 weeks with no pain. Then it hit me out of no where. I was quite poorly after my surgery I felt dreadful for a week after. But after that 3 week passed I've done nothing but flare every day. I don't have medication it's no managed well but I have requested that I see the same gp. I was on sertraline but stopped those because of vertigo. I really hope.my Dr tries me with something else. Everything I've had doesn't seem to work. I pysically want to loose weight so bad every time I try anything even the lightest of excersise I end up in a bad flare. Or my symptoms are 10 times worse. I am so unhappy at the minuet. And the weight gain well they never told me I'd put weight on so annoying. I was a size 8 - 10 and I've slowly gone to a 14 nearly a 16 make you wonder if the removal of our thyroids plays a big part in the constant flaring. I take 125mm of levo Thyroxcine. And I buy morphine bases painkillers from the chemist. I will be discussing this in 2 days time. It's so frustrating. And I'm sorry that you have had to push through whilst your working. I don't know how you do that on top of your pain. If mine is anything to go by then I feel your struggle. I have done nothing for the past 3 days I haven't felt well. I do feel very old before my time. Sending you my love Nikki.

Sorry for the spelling. My hands hurt alot when I am typing.

I’ve noticed I feel much better when I take my supplements. I take vitamin b12 shots. Powdered magnesium. Berberine. Yerba mate vitamin d. I also have less flares if I don’t eat sugar. I was losing weight when my medicine first got to 125 now I’m stalled so I will be anxious to see my new blood work. Take care and let me know how things go. I am in the U S. I assumed you aren’t since you said chemist lol. I am also size 16. I’m trying my best Shawn

I’ve noticed I feel much better when I take my supplements. I take vitamin b12 shots. Powdered magnesium. Berberine. Yerba mate vitamin d. I also have less flares if I don’t eat sugar. I was losing weight when my medicine first got to 125 now I’m stalled so I will be anxious to see my new blood work. Take care and let me know how things go. I am in the U S. I assumed you aren’t since you said chemist lol. I am also size 16. I’m trying my best Shawn
Hi I've been referred to long term health conditions for support. It's going to take me months I think before I feel anything but normal.. and to mention that it might not work at all. And yes lovely I do live in the UK. I take supplements. It seems what ever I do I end up back to square one. Since my last post I have been diagnosed with M.E/ chronic fatigue syndrome. Five days ago. And trying our best is all we can do. Your doing great with the efforts. And I've also been put on mirtazapine. 15mg hopefully they won't make me even more depressed. Take care Nikki.

I have fibromyalgia was diagnosed a couple of years ago when they thought maybe RA. I have tenderness stiffness most of the time. The bad flares consist of hurting just about everywhere. Finger joints, ankles , wrists, shoulders actually only my face didn’t hurt at one point. I ended up have to have a total thyroidectomy in September of this year. I was flared really bad before it. Probably bc of stress of having the surgery ans I couldn’t take any ibuprofen two weeks bf surgery. I normally take three in the morning and more later if I can’t manage. I also take zanaflex
Which my dr prescribed if it gets bad but don’t find it helps much. But is a muscle relaxer. Klonopin helps better but I done take that more than once a week. When I went to surgery I was in the worst flare ever could hardly move. When I woke up it was all gone for about 10 days Ans it came raging back. I was off work for 4 weeks. I have a physical job at target. Like stocking lifting bending etc. I was gradually put on my synthroid and am up to 125 at this point will be checked again next week. I have not had a flare since October. I can still feel all the tender points etc but it’s all very bearable. What is your dose of synthroid Ans your tsh. Mine is 1.2. I also take vitamin b shots Ans some supplements for weight loss. I had the thyroidectomy for large nodules they effected my breathing and turned out to be early stage cancer. Keep in touch. Shawn
SDfoxy..what kind of test did you do to figure that your nodules were large and indeed there was a problem? it may not be the same but i feel the same thing.

It's crazy I saw this post. I had a total thyroidectomy after having thyroid cancer and that is when this hell all started. I was just diagnosed and also have autoimmune disorders so who knows what's causing what with my pain and flare ups.

I just never thought about maybe not having my thyroid and always struggling with the correct dose could be a trigger for all of this to start?

They had me on opioids for 8 years as a bandaid. I was finally noticing I was self medicating more than anything so I took myself off of them. SOme days the pain and stiffness is excruciating I'd give anything for Norcos :(

I'm happy I found this site and hope both of us can continue to get the support we need :)

SDfoxy..what kind of test did you do to figure that your nodules were large and indeed there was a problem? it may not be the same but i feel the same thing.
I just had a ultrasound scan on my neck and the modules showed on that. Or at least that's what they told me when I was their.

It's crazy I saw this post. I had a total thyroidectomy after having thyroid cancer and that is when this hell all started. I was just diagnosed and also have autoimmune disorders so who knows what's causing what with my pain and flare ups.

I just never thought about maybe not having my thyroid and always struggling with the correct dose could be a trigger for all of this to start?

They had me on opioids for 8 years as a bandaid. I was finally noticing I was self medicating more than anything so I took myself off of them. SOme days the pain and stiffness is excruciating I'd give anything for Norcos :(

I'm happy I found this site and hope both of us can continue to get the support we need :)
Hi. It's a good job you stopped taking the opium based pain relief as I recently found out that they are ok short term. And that they can infact trigger your symptoms and make them worse ! Well I hope you are ok now. And I know I don't think it matters what is wrong or what we do we still hurt so bad. I am trying to be more active I need to and I thinkmit does help if you can bare it. And thank you. Yes I hope we all get the support we need. Sooner rather than later like I have. Take care Nikki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back