Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
Uk
State
Devon
Hi everyone, like all of you I'm sure I have so many random symptoms and the list just keeps on growing! For the last 8 months I have had constantly blocked sinuses and pain behind my eyes that won't go away! I have no infection and antihistamines make no difference all I can do is hold heat packs up to my face, does anyone else get sinus pain? And my eyes feel like the sockets are bruised!

There was a time when I had terrible sinus pain...went to ent only to find no infection. I'm certain it was my facial muscles hurting from the fibro. I have no other explanation for it. I found heat to my face was a huge relief. I hope you find relief soon.

I had that and in fact have it now.i had polyps in my sinus. But u have to be Seen by the hospital for that.ask to be referred and get it looked at properly.

Look up information about cluster headaches...doctors thought I had sinus infection and treated it 3x with antibiotics only to conclude that I was experiencing cluster headaches. Just a thought.

i am having bad time with sinus and facial pain blocked nose and yes severe pain in the eyes...the muscles feel weak and all of it is painful to move and touch. I think the fibro has just decided to go there. I hope you get some relief soon.

Thanks for your comments, I do suffer from migraines which I'm taking topamax for so they may be forming now in cluster headaches. Also I have been to my gp and she has referred me to ent as the problem has been going on for so long! I read up on nasal polyps and I do have all the symptoms including post nasal drip (gross!) it seems fibro gets everywhere and I know it's the cause of all these problems! Il let you know what ent say, thanks all!

Painjane, how does Topomax work for you?

I wish you a good day PainJane. I understand your feelings because I have experienced eye pain in the past as well as forms of sinusitis. One of the chronic symptoms of Fibromyalgia is sinusitis. Your eyes are in pain because the infection affects the eyes downwards to the throat. Blockages of nasal cavity may also promote sinusitis. Does your head feel stuffy in addition to having runny nose? The good thing to know is that this is a yeast infection. It can be treated by controlling the balance of yeast in the body to relieve the symptoms of FM. Antibiotics prescribed by your physician will normally dispense with the infection.

remnant are you a doctor...how can you say conclusively that someone has a yeast infection and as far as i know sinusitis is not a chronic symptom of fibromyalgia.

However unexplained non infectious (sinusitis is infection) pain in the face eyes and around the nose is part of fibro. People should never take antibiotics unless absolutely necessary as they in them selves can interfere with the good bacteria in our bodies and CAUSE real yeast infections.

A congested block nose is also common with fibro but again is like so many of our symptoms is unexplainable and doesn't always mean infection is present.

Doctors are often far too quick to prescribe unnecessary pills when they cause more problems like antibiotic resistance and even super bugs.

I've had the same problem on and off for the past 2 years. ENT is the one who sent me the ruemotologist. Have you tried a saline wash or netti pot. I had to do it twice a day at first but it has helped a lot. Cheep and safe to try if you haven't (I don't think they recommend twice a day)! It will dry up the drip at the very least.
Remnant might be right, it could be yeast. But I would get it all checked out.
Happy Easter!

I agree with Eyesup - saline rinses are great for sinus problems. It seems a little weird the first time you try it, but it is completely worth getting used to!

The pain of my CM can be mostly feel behind my left eye. Always check with neurologist when experiencing headaches and such, specially if it's something you hadn't experienced previously. Better be safe than sorry, I also thought I had sinus issues. So it was such a shock to find out what was hiding in my brain.

I find that dairy makes my sinus issues worse....just a thought.

There is no question really about that, dairy does make sinus worse because increases the expectoration level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back