Cooking appliance recommendation to ease workload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overcomer

Good morning everyone.
Recently I decided to invest in an airfryer. I had no idea what a game changer it would be for a few reasons.
Firstly it has taken so much effort out of cooking. You basically put whatever you want in it, so for example you could put chicken, veg also potato, or whatever alternative you prefer all in at the same time and it all comes out cooked to perfection. Sometimes you stagger adding each different ingredient. Or you can put in a whole chicken and it comes out crispy and tasty, but because it switches itself off you you don’t have to worry about getting up and down as much. Or it burning if you are having a rest and fall asleep by mistake which can happen.
It is totally different to a slow cooker for example because it is fast and the food tastes amazing.
Instead of standing over the hob cooking or putting things in and out of the oven I can now sit down more in between stages.
For me this is fantastic because standing for long periods can be so hard.

Secondly there are many healthy recipe options. You can basically use airfryers to bake and cook anything you’d normally cook in the oven or usually fry. But using less oil etc. For me this is great because I cook the majority of things from scratch to avoid processed foods and additives.
I can’t believe how tasty the food is too. I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it is so I thought I’d pass on my findings to others to hopefully help you to reduce your cooking workload too. Especially if you are cooking for just yourself when it could be tempting to eat already prepared meals. Or alternatively if you have a family to cook for daily. It can be exhausting to cook and feel like a chore. But with careful recipe planning I’m actually enjoying cooking more now.
I hope this is helpful 😊

Never heard of it, thanks for this suggestion! Sounds a lot better than a microwave with its radiation... 👍
A combination of both sounds interesting too, but quite a bit pricier...

Last edited:
I forgot to mention they are energy efficient too which everyone is watching right now.

I never use a microwave they are so toxic. I paid £59 for mine and because it saves the energy of using several appliances or a big oven I think I’m the long run it’s a money saver. It’s worth looking into and you can search recipes for them before investing to see if it would suit your taste. I did a rotisserie style chicken the other day and it was amazing. Another day Mediterranean veg and then I tried parsnips all came out delicious. I also cooked a kfc style chicken my family loved it.

i have a multi-purpose one.. it is air fryer/pressure cooker/steamer/dehydrator/and more all in one unit, and I LOVE it!!!

mine is an 8qt Ninja Foodie - a little bit more expensive than a stand alone air fryer, but so worth the added cost for all the added features..

I’ve just also bought a stand mixer for my baking 🤫 don’t tell my husband 🤣 it means I can make my own bread etc again yay. If there’s a problem there’s always a solution I say. I’ve already made some bread and pastry this morning lol. My hands back and legs just wouldn’t let me do it manually. It’s like a lifeline being able to do things like this.

I too love my air fryer, it make the best hassleback potatoes, you will never eat a sweet potato or pumpkin again after you try it cooked in air fryer. Or try choko done as chippies 🤤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back