JayCS

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
No DAO blood result yet. But finding (studies that say) vitamin C and NAC decrease it, altho I have been taking them as recommended, I've stopped both.
Plus I started doing Wim Hof's breath-holding exercise again yesterday and planning to do more than 1x3 rounds per day, did 2 today (but need a bit of cheering on for that to get down to it, hope just mentioning it will motivate me more). It's the only thing that helps, at least for an hour or so, which is a start, esp. useful after overdoing it.
Tonight I managed to shower without whining like the last few days, even managed to increase the cold bit, and decreased, rather than increased pain after...

Last edited:

JayCS

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
Summarizing my condition and researching more on how histamine and cytokines work, which has spawned further ideas once I've got my DAO,
I've also turned even more to treating single symptoms (once again...) with
physical therapy, esp. self-acupressure ideas from youtube for everything that crops up (starting with breathlessness and weak legs), bathing feet, creaming myself, increasing the breath-holding, and changing my supps as said above has let me tolerate cold showering more, which increases energy & decreases pain.
Trying more magnesium glycinate again at daytime, going to try nux vomica are something similar for the nausea.
For the esophagus blocks I'm looking for videos that have ideas for similar problems like steakhouse syndrome, just the feeling food getting stuck, whatever.
As to consulting people - there are a few docs on my list, but: I've just read a comment on healthrising that one of the experts for vaccine side effects in ME/CFS & FM said these type of severe effects can take 6 months or more... Not that much comfort... :rolleyes: I tried to find how I can contact that doc: saw she charges 1.000$ per hour. And can't make the effects last less than 6 months? So: I'm my man, she ain't!

LolaMerle

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2021
Country
US
State
WA
Female, 67, US, and Pfizer. I felt like I had the flu with body aches and fatigue for about four days. I didn’t have a reaction to the second shot or the booster.

JayCS

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
Weeelllll, looking for videos brought on drinking fizzy water for "steakhouse syndrome", then 3-4 acupressure videos for each of 5-6 symptoms I looked up, at least 1 of them good. Due to the histamine/cytokine idea, I think the supps changes and foot baths seem to have got a handle on my temperature regulation, so managed to cold shower more as well as now breath-hold more, which is I think getting the inflammation reaction down and now resetting me again, whilst the acupressure is having a lasting effect, enabling me to go for a brisk 40' walk and do some singing. When I'd gone too far another bout of breath-holding reset me again...
Have I cracked it 😏 🥳 :cool: 🤩 or am I gonna crash? :confused::mad::eek::alien: Tomorrow is the end of the 6th week...

JayCS

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
Didn't crash. *phew.* And above symptoms remain cracked:
Stopping NAC improved temperature, self-applied acupressure improves many single symptoms (7 up to now!).
Next priority was burning sinuses, nausea, headache, esp. night/morning.
Reading histamine decreases GABA, increasing that has decreased it (& also the bladder pain again).
Reducing histamine food seems to help, so I'm slowly turning to that, esp. in the evenings and replacing soy drink at night.
Even with less burning sinuses, and before that, my nostrils still get stuffy, but I've at last found acupressure that really helps.
("Unblock Stuffy Nose & Sinus Drainage in 60 Seconds"). "At last" because I've tried 5 or 6 methods before and none helped.

DAO was not reduced, so my GP's given up. I'll probably be supplementing it all the same, cos there are no side effects.
But he agreed when I asked if it could still be histamine or mast cells or cytokines, put he'd be out of his depth there.
And agreed on using nux vomica D12 for the nausea (not working tho, but praps I need to take it regularly and longer).

So my next suspicion next to treating it like histamine intolerance is mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS).
This is actually also clearly mentioned on my starting point, the experts on jab-side effects on Health Rising.
But I had to work thru Monday's 25 ideas first (physio, supps, histamine & various doc ideas), which I now have:
Physio is working well, for supps I still have to order DAO & praps copper, food I'm changing meal by meal, contacted 5 docs.

Connections between MCAS and FM: similar symptoms; syndrome; co-morbidity; mast cells may be a cause/biomarker.
And - jackpot again 🏆- beyond the frontier of medical research. Probably closer to ME/CFS, POTS, Ehlers Danlos & Lyme tho.
Might have to do some forum hopping.
First results (e.g. hoffmancentre): Contacting normal docs may only lead to tons of bloods, then meds like antihistamines which'd make me tired, the worst thing that can happen to me. Like FM, it's not reversible, but differently gets a bit worse. So it'd be something different I have to learn to live with....