markinaboat

Reason
DX CFS
Diagnosis
01/1994
Country
UK
Hi All,

Has anyone with FM, CFS etc had the Covid 19 vaccination yet and if so, other than the obvious local jab site discomfort, experienced bad enough reactions/flu symptoms (shakes, sweats, pain in all joints) to be bed ridden?

As we all know, there is little to no representation for people like us amongst the various studies/reports so far.

If you have had the jab, please reply with the following information so we can all use this easily - for the purposes of this survey, please exclude a 'sore arm/shoulder' from reactions:

1) No Reaction

2) Reaction:
which country are you in?
which vaccine received?
brief description of sympton/s?
how long before back to (your) normal?
age (optional for the vane:)
sex? (please don't say yes or no ;-)

Thanks and wishing you ALL well.

I had the first of 2 shots (Phizer) 3 weeks ago and will have my 2nd shot tomorrow. I did not have any reactions with my first shot. I will give update after I get my 2nd shot (final). So far, so good!

Where I live the vaccine is only being given to frontline workers, and not all of them have gotten it. I probably won't even be able to apply for an appointment until some time in April.

Markinaboat, please be aware that most of us here are not comfortable giving our age and gender and whereabouts on a public forum, so many will likely not want to answer your questions, and this may be why you are not getting very many answers.

HI Sunkacola,

I only meant which country, not address. I'm 65, matters not to me for anyone to know that as they don't know who I am and can't do any harm.

I doubt very much if it would have generated more replies, surely anyone would've simply replied as did Sonny above?

Thanks for letting me know though and I hope you don't have to wait for too long for the vaccine if you want it.

I only meant which country, not address. I'm 65, matters not to me for anyone to know that as they don't know who I am and can't do any harm.

I doubt very much if it would have generated more replies, surely anyone would've simply replied as did Sonny above?
Of course. You are right. For some reason I did not notice that you actually only said what country. That was certainly an oversight on my part! Most of us here do put our country of residence on our avatar profile, so it is easy to see, and I have done that as well. And many others have been willing to state age and gender as well. My mistake.

Probably most of us are still waiting to get in line for the vaccine. But you are posing an interesting question.

Reaction to first injection was some itching right above injection site and across chest for about 45 mins. Then that evening I was supper tired. Second dose was horrible. Lips started to tingle face went numb and my joints itched really bad. Took 75mg of Benadryl and slept until next morning. When I woke up I had chills, muscle pain, joint pain and a super bad headache. This lasted for several days and my symptoms rotated after that. Sounds weird but I would not have all of them at the same time 48 hours after I got the Moderna vaccine. I am a female healthcare worker.

Tamlyn, how long did these symptoms last?

I had the Pfizer Vaccine 2 weeks ago & it made me feel so bad I had to stay in bed a couple of days.
I had to force myself to get up & try to carry on as normal (Fibromyalgia version of normal) but I've felt rotten ever since.
ie Wiped-out, legs feeling heavy & aching all the time, so can't do my daily walk, depressed, having to rest throughout the day
& going to bed shortly after tea-time.
In fact, it's been so bad am now undecided about getting the second jab.
I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience & if it has lasted as long as mine.

PS: Female, over 60 & live in UK.

sorry to hear you've both had bad experiences.

I was offered the Astra Zeneca last week but they've put me on the list to have the Pfizer as I requested due to most people (non FM/ME) having felt bad after the former.

Hope you both/all are feeling better as the days go on.

Hi All,

Has anyone with FM, CFS etc had the Covid 19 vaccination yet and if so, other than the obvious local jab site discomfort, experienced bad enough reactions/flu symptoms (shakes, sweats, pain in all joints) to be bed ridden?

As we all know, there is little to no representation for people like us amongst the various studies/reports so far.

If you have had the jab, please reply with the following information so we can all use this easily - for the purposes of this survey, please exclude a 'sore arm/shoulder' from reactions:

1) No Reaction

2) Reaction:
which country are you in?
which vaccine received?
brief description of sympton/s?
how long before back to (your) normal?
age (optional for the vane:)
sex? (please don't say yes or no ;-)

Thanks and wishing you ALL well.
I had some soreness at the injection site for both vaccine shots but that was it.

Female, 37, I live in the US and got the Pfizer shot.

Female, 66, in the USA & received both Moderna vaccines.

I had mild side effects after the second dose. 24 hours later, I had a fever of 100, chills, achiness. I took extra vitamin C, homeopathic remedy for flu, hot tea & honey. Went to bed and felt great the next morning.

I'm grateful for the vaccine & for the side effects. It means my immunity is good & my body reacted accordingly.

I know people who had severe reactions to the second injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back