Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1995
Country
US
State
IL
Has anyone already had Covid, and did it make your pain worse?

I believe I did have Covid, but I won't ever know for certain because I caught it at the end of 2019 before anyone here had even heard of it. All of my symptoms were accurate to Covid, including losing my sense of taste, which has never fully returned, and I was very sick for 2.5 months. During the time I was ill, my physical pain was exaggerated, but since recovering it has been at its normal level again.

Don't know if that's anyone's question, but I've found 2 pages about what you can do.

On one (fedupwithfatigue) Shiller recommends"Whether you get vaccinated or not, doing general measures to help immunity and overall health is a no-brainer. That includes regular moderate exercise, stress reduction, good social connections and finding ways to cultivate emotional health. Research suggests regular intake of an appropriate amount of vitamin D and zinc are protective against viral infection. Theoretically, quercetin can help zinc get into cells and that can slow viral growth. It’s also a good idea to eat a diet low in processed food and simple carbohydrates, and high in nutrient-dense foods, lean protein and lots of fruits and vegetables, unless another medical condition makes it a bad idea."
and Teitelbaum recommends optimizing his SHINE protocol (= supplements).

Another one on uspharmacist (Apr20) in a similar vein: "For prophylaxis, the medical school recommends vitamin C (500 mg) and quercetin (250 mg-500 mg twice a day) with zinc (75 mg-100 mg per day), melatonin (0.3 mg-2 mg) each night, and vitamin D3 (1,000-4,000 IU per day). Famotidine (20 mg-40 mg per day) may be added to the mix. For patients with mild symptoms, EVMS recommends the same combination... [I've cut the following part as that has proven unsound. Also zinc of 75mg can be an overdose, I'd also be careful with everything above 30mg and watch for sfx. And not everyone (e.g. me) tolerates melatonin. Famotidine is mainly to decrease stomach acidity. These are similar to the anti-jab-sfx-recommendations. However I've found something that seems to challenge vit. C for that and stopping it may be helping me...]

Yes I had covid ,and as you have a virus in your body it knocked the daylight out of you. More pain more tired .and out of breath faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back