COVID Anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a full-time Carer, as well as having my 4 grandchildren most weekends, being functional is essential!
Wow, you're doing so well. I hope you give yourself credit for that!

I'll second what Sunkacola said; medication was a no-go for me, but for others it's absolutely the right thing to do. I think we have to feel our way as best we can with these things. Getting informed and knowing what might be going on can help us weigh up whether to reduce/switch/stop with something. But there is nothing wrong with funding pharma if it allows you to feel better and get on with your life! I feel as if I've seen quite a lot of people here in the forum have trouble with heart palpitations as a drug side effect, but as Sunkacola said, those side effects don't impact everyone. What you're doing - looking for others with similar experiences - is a very wise approach. There are such a weird array of ways in which this condition can manifest; it's hard to know where to look when we experience something new. I wish you every luck in figuring it out, and if you wind up back with the doctors, I hope it's not too grim!

Wow now you’ve told me all that, now I get why you need all them things haha, I’m not allowed to take sleeping tablets, they just won’t let me ? ? ? I take 1,200 gabapentin a day but sometimes I leave some day ones to collect together to help me sleep better but my sleeps still broken, my dreams are weird ( well weirder than usual) Oh well life is such 🧐 we’ve always got rainbows init? ⭐🌟💫
Understood Auriel
& as I said, at the end of the day, being assured of, and getting, 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep every night is an absolute necessity for me
& I don't care any more how I achieve that, as long as I do achieve it & it's amazing what can be accessed on the internet if all else fails.
I have friends, who having been unable to resolve their sleep issues with their G.P.s, have done exactly that.

I was a recreational Cannabis user for decades, during which time I had no health issues, no pain, slept like a baby, ate well & lived well
and I was happy.

Then, having decided to give up that dependency, suddenly I was in pain etc & received my Fibromyalgia diagnosis within the same year.
The doctor said I may have had it for years and not known it due to the Cannabis & at the time, that very nearly tempted me to restart!

Ten years down the line cannabis-free, the irony is that my life is ruled by FMS/ME/CFS & the various pharma meds etc I'm now dependent on
& my life is literally a shadow of what it formerly was.

So the question I often ask myself is...
what was the point of giving up what can justifiably be called natural 'Herbal Medicine' that worked for me on all levels in terms of quality of life
and did I make the right decision to do that.

The law says I did - but my experience of my extremely limited life as it is now, says I didn't.

And yes absolutely - where would we be without rainbows?! :)

Last edited:
Yep if don’t get tidy sleep I’m like the tin man of oz the next day, like Dorothy! go get me some oil! or ask that big shy lion thing!!! My niehbour uses cannabis( recreational) he can’t seem to tell fact from fiction (he’s been using it for decades) or could be he just has serious fact issues ? ? ? Either way hope this forum helps in some way and you find some help for your pain even a slight one, ok good wishes + hopes for better health x x x

Understood Auriel
& as I said, at the end of the day, being assured of, and getting, 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep every night is an absolute necessity for me
& I don't care any more how I achieve that, as long as I do achieve it & it's amazing what can be accessed on the internet if all else fails.
I have friends, who having been unable to resolve their sleep issues with their G.P.s, have done exactly that.

I was a recreational Cannabis user for decades, during which time I had no health issues, no pain, slept like a baby, ate well & lived well
and I was happy.

Then, having decided to give up that dependency, suddenly I was in pain etc & received my Fibromyalgia diagnosis within the same year.
The doctor said I may have had it for years and not known it due to the Cannabis & at the time, that very nearly tempted me to restart!

Ten years down the line cannabis-free, the irony is that my life is ruled by FMS/ME/CFS & the various pharma meds etc I'm now dependent on
& my life is literally a shadow of what it formerly was.

So the question I often ask myself is...
what was the point of giving up what can justifiably be called natural 'Herbal Medicine' that worked for me on all levels in terms of quality of life
and did I make the right decision to do that.

The law says I did - but my experience of my extremely limited life as it is now, says I didn't.

And yes absolutely - where would we be without rainbows?! :)
My first thought is that your thoughts about going back to using cannabis are good ones. Of course, that's just my take on it, yours may be different and I respect that. But I am a medical cannabis user and it has made a great deal of difference. If you get medical cannabis in the form of a tincture or edibles like gummies, you can very precisely regulate the amount and type that you use to get the result you want.

I used to use marijuana recreationally for many many years, but I have no desire to get high any more. I hesitated to get medical cannabis because I didn't want to be getting high, just to alleviate the pain. I got very good advice from the folks in the dispensary and I did my own experimenting. I don't want to smoke or vape anything because both are so thoroughly unhealthy for the whole body that it counteracts any good the cannabis might do for you. I get tinctures mostly, which are so much simpler and healthier; easy to use and to regulate, and you can use them anywhere, discretely.

By combining the medical cannabis tincture with a good quality CBD tincture, and knowing exactly how much to take of each for this or that level or type of pain, I can medicate the pain without getting the least bit high. It's really the best thing I have tried and while I don't use it every day I do use it often. The CBD is a big part of it, because that works well on pain IF it is combined with the cannabis, even though it often doesn't help enough by itself.

If you can get these things without risking getting arrested, I would recommend that you do so. As you said, what is the point in giving up something that make your quality of life better? There are very seldom negative side effects of cannabis, and it is not physically addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back