Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello Fibro Friends, Does anyone having cracking sounds when walking? I get it in my hips, knees and feet.

Yes. I actually have a bad habit of cracking my knee when I'm sitting because I know it will and it feels good. But I can be loud from all the cracking when I get up and start walking. :/

I've had very loud cracking in my knees for the past 15 years or so (I'm 25). My other joints crack and pop when I move but they aren't so dramatic. I've had a number of people ask if I've had a botched surgery or an injury to my meniscus, and most people get a little freaked out by it at first. I've had it checked out and the cartilage in my knees is a little thinner than normal but otherwise nothing is really wrong with them.

I've had it checked out and the cartilage in my knees is a little thinner than normal but otherwise nothing is really wrong with them.

This is what I was going to say, too... cartilage issues but nothing worrisome. (That's just from my own experience... not sure what other things can cause the clicking/cracking.)

I've heard that sometimes calcium can help it... but I suppose that's something that would be different from person to person.

I do, most of my joints crack. Just the other day I was showing my mom how my neck cracks sometimes. My wrists do crack as well, the first to notice and even tell me was my boyfriend. He thought it was so odd and grossed him out, lol. My knees crack as well, so do my fingers. I think it's worse during the winter, no idea what could be causing it to be honest, but I do know it's been with me for a while.

No. Thank god! I cannot stand that sound. I'd go insane. That's not to say things don't catch, they do. Thankfully, they don't make any sound doing so.

I have crackling in my knees sometimes. I also have crackling in my shoulder area when I'm working out or lifting weights. It can get a little annoying when this happens, but I try to push through it in order to finish my workouts.

Now that I think of it... a lot of my joints make crackling sounds, if i move or turn the wrong way, it really is stressful dealing with all this at times, but I learned to deal with it, as I have been dealing with theses problems for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back