DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2006
Country
US
State
KY
Hello everyone!
I pray everyone is having a pain-free day! I wanted to ask a question, I have had fibro/costo for some time now. A couple of weeks ago, I had to switch my classroom. I mean we had to move everything due to a re-model. Then I had to move back. I noticed after that day my leg really started aching. Also, I am remodeling my home and painting and I have been moving things from room to room to try to get this finished. My legs really ache me. I also have been waking up the past couple of morning with a cramp in my left calf. I literally jump out of bed. It goes away fast however it is painful. Also, I have noticed that randomly my hand will want to cramp on me. I shake it real fast and it goes away. Does anyone else deal with this? I have been a teacher of technology for 18 years and I wonder if that could be something to do with my hands. I have been taking Motrin but it doesn't help much. My doctor offered prednizone but I hate it. It makes me feel horrible. I have heard that Tylenol Arthritis was really good. Has anyone had any luck with it? Thank you all for listening. I pray we all have better days.

Hi sdoss!
Sounds like normal FM-overdoing-it stuff to me. If it's not normal for you, then praps it's generally worsening a bit or just bit more of a flare than usual.
My leg cramps are always caused by not drinking enough. The other big recommendation is magnesium, doesn't help me personally tho.
When my right hand twitches and shakes it's the aura or first part of a focal seizure, but that's just me. And it's not a cramp. Not sure why technology teaching would cramp one of your hands. Is it always the same side? Maybe repetitive or strenuous movements? Can you relate it to what you were actually doing that day or the day before?
Praps drinking and or magnesium etc. will help both these.
And regular gentle hand exercises (youtube, same as chest/back exercises for costo).

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it so much. My hand doesn't twitch or shake it will just have a random cramp in in and I just shake it really fast and it goes away. Just so aggravating. I have just started on Magnesium yesterday so I'm praying that it works. I guess I worry my potassium is low because I cannot eat bananas but I don't think that is it. I think I would be having a ton more symptoms. I try to drink a lot during the day but where I teach it is hard. I am going to make a conscious effort to start drinking more. I think your right just a bad fibro flair but dang! Oh well, we have to keep going. I will say my left hand has to tingle down my index finger at times. So I think they are both affected. Thank you again for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it so much. My hand doesn't twitch or shake it will just have a random cramp in in and I just shake it really fast and it goes away. Just so aggravating. I have just started on Magnesium yesterday so I'm praying that it works. I guess I worry my potassium is low because I cannot eat bananas but I don't think that is it. I think I would be having a ton more symptoms. I try to drink a lot during the day but where I teach it is hard. I am going to make a conscious effort to start drinking more. I think your right just a bad fibro flair but dang! Oh well, we have to keep going. I will say my left hand has to tingle down my index finger at times. So I think they are both affected. Thank you again for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.
Veeery welcome! 👐

Praps acupressure or exercises can forestall the hand cramp or nip it in the bud; easier - and less conspicuously...:
What about How to Stop Finger Cramping: Real Time Relief by Virtual Handcare (the text of that might ring a bell), How to Treat Hand Pain with Acupressure by Expert Village, 7 Hand Pain and Finger Pain Treatments by Ask Doctor Jo, Acupressure for Hand Pain by ehowhealth?

Hope your magnesium is a good sort (usually not the ones that claim to be good 🙃), and one you tolerate?

Potassium I also wouldn't've thought of, but you could always get it checked next time to be safe. Mine's high.

Getting enough liquid in before the evening is a challenge, praps just sips from a water bottle till it gets to the afternoon? If it's a question of remembering praps taking the cue of others drinking (colleagues, students) can help, or an inconspicuous short alarm. Drinking and the opposite can be a welcome self-care break, esp. in stress like when teaching...

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I will give it a try!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back