Not open for further replies.

kaijufae

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
UK
I got a bit of money over my birthday/Easter and got this super useful lap desk! It's probably meant for in an armchair or sofa, but I've been using it for when I can't get out of bed 😁

I'm always so so bored when I'm stuck in bed, but I've started cross stitch recently! I'm lucky that I don't tend to get hand/finger pain on my medium pain-days, so it's been great having a hobby that I'm not too spaced out or painful to do! ☺️☺️ I always feel so much better about myself when I feel productive. I tend not to use hoops if it doesn't all fit, as it's a pain to constantly adjust where it is, and my aida is sturdy enough without honestly.
I have a few ideas that will probably need one though, so I have some spare in case.

Does anyone else do cross stitch? Do you have any tips, fun patterns or pictures? 😁

Here's what I'm working on, as a birthday gift for my mum in law next month! I'm still learning, but I'm proud of my progress!

E84D5F08-BB2B-43EF-910D-75F2D5570388.jpeg

Lovely! I hope I can learn that too.

That's lovely, the beauty of hobbies is that it takes our minds off the pain for a while. I have a sewing sheId where i make dolls clothes and sell them in my internet shop, it is such a good distraction.'

that's really nice, I think I tried cross-stitch a few years ago.

My aunt did a cross stitch when she was in Oregon. It's like a 4x4 and framed. She's selling it now because it reminds her of her late husband.

That is so pretty. I use to cross stitch, loved it.... my hands are so bad now holding the small needle is hard to do and my eye sight is not the best anymore. I have lots of finished and unfinished pieces, which I will cherish. I like your little desk too.

That's really cool!
I don't do cross stitch I'm currently working on knitting a scarf for my boyfriend's mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back