Not open for further replies.

hope23

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NZ
So i got 'sick' at the end of June, thought it was tonsillitis but it was actually an outbreak of Ulcers in my throat mainly but some in my mouth. At that time we took bloods and my crp was 13.7, they were redone the next day and they were down to 8.6. On sunday (13/11/22) i started getting a sore throat, very quickly realised it was ulcers again, there are far less ulcers this time around, had bloods done yesterday and my crp was 37. Im so confused and frustrated, im aware that the ulcers themselves can raise you crp levels but the fact that theyre nearly 3x higher this time around even though the outbreak of ulcers isnt as bad(still bad just less than the june one).
And now its the waiting game of my doctor trying to get in touch with one of the rheumatologists to discuss whats going on and then hearing back, and until i hear back all ive got is a crp that is 7.4x the acceptable levels

And before anyone says it i have no other symptoms, markers, indicators for IBD or crones and the like.

What did your blood work show? Did they test for herpes, or strep? Did you have any other symptoms? You def had an infection going on that I dougbt your rheumatologist would figure out. Your primary should have.

What did your blood work show? Did they test for herpes, or strep? Did you have any other symptoms? You def had an infection going on
that I dougbt your rheumatologist would figure out. Your primary should have.
Perhaps i shouldve been clearer, these were ulcers, the exact same im sure everyone has had in their mouth, I have had issues with ulcers since i first got sick(fibro) in 2016, these are mouth ulcers, also called aphthous ulcers. My only symptom was a sore throat. My throat was swabbed and thoroughly tested both times, there was no bacterial or viral thing going on at all, had there been my blood count would also have indicated that, which it didnt, the only thing raised was the crp inflammatory marker, these are run of the mill ulcers and very common in autoimmune conditions, pair this with the raised crp, hence the concern and trying to get seen by the rheumatologist as my gp feels theres something more going on. The ulcer outbreak itself can cause the elevated/high CRP however my gps concern is what is the underlying issue causing the ulcer outbreaks in the first place.

No replies re necessary for this individual. Moderators are on this problem.

No replies re necessary for this individual. Moderators are on this problem.
That is great to know, that kind of thing has no place hear imo.
I think weve all dealt with enough individuals and medical professionals trying to at times tell us we arent sick, we dont need to get this here which for me is a safe space to discuss the struggles we all face.

That is great to know, that kind of thing has no place hear imo.
I think we've all dealt with enough individuals and medical professionals trying to at times tell us we arent sick, we dont need to get this here which for me is a safe space to discuss the struggles we all face.
best thing you can do in a situation like that one is to just put that user on ignore.. hover your mouse over their user name (or go to their profile page), and hit the ignore button.. then you dont have to see them or their negative posts. This is what i did.. unfortunately, it is bound to happen once in a while, but the moderators do try to put a stop to it as soon as they can.

And yes, we deal with enough of that nonsense in our lives, we dont need more of it. Focus on the good things, like the kindness, care and virtual support of the other great members here. Dont let one bad apple get you down.

best thing you can do in a situation like that one is to just put that user on ignore.. hover your mouse over their user name (or go to their profile page), and hit the ignore button.. then you dont have to see them or their negative posts. This is what i did.. unfortunately, it is bound to happen once in a while, but the moderators do try to put a stop to it as soon as they can.

And yes, we deal with enough of that nonsense in our lives, we dont need more of it. Focus on the good things, like the kindness, care and virtual support of the other great members here. Dont let one bad apple get you down.
Thanks Cookiebaker and thanks for the tip i didnt know you could do that. I definitely have no intention of paying that person any further attn, and really good to know the moderators were already on to it. Ive got pretty thick skin so people being keyboard warriors is there issue, i mainly raised/reported it for those who are in a more sensitive place for whatever reason, none of us(even if we do have thick skin) need that negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back