Not open for further replies.

mweber

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Does anybody take Curcumin for managing fibro? I have heard good things about it. I guess it's turmeric.

Thanks,

I have never heard of this. I looked this up after reading your post, and it seems that there is a lot of possible health care uses for Curcumin.

Have you tried it? Does it work?

I've been taking it for a week now, so it's still too soon to tell. I have a friend who is an avid runner and has really bad varicose veins that cause her to have back pain and she swears by curcumin. My fibro symptoms are mainly back and neck pain, so I thought I'd give it a try. I will give it a month or so.. I would love to cut out one of my meds if the curcumin helps. I will keep you posted. Thanks for responding.

Hey there! This is the first time I ever hear about curcumin being good for fibro... how are you taking it? Are you taking it in shape of a supplement or you make tea with it?

I personally haven't tried it for Fibro, but my husband began taking it for his Diabetes. His average sugar went from 130 to 90 in only a few weeks. He was already controlling it fairly well with diet and Metformin, but Turmeric Curcumin gave him the extra boost he needed to get it down even further.

Wow! that is good news about your husband. I have been taking it now for several weeks. I am feeling less pain, but the doctor also increased my neurontin dosage, so I don't know what is helping or not. I also take Savella, magnesium, and Sam-E. I am desperate to wean off my meds and just take supplements, but I don't think that is enough right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back