Cutting the vicious cycle

Badger

It's not easy to realize and difficult to accept but apparently there's a form of peace on the other side. After one too many relapses I'm hoping to stick to a healthier routine. As bad as Fibro can be living with it has taught me a lot. The sense of bereavement and rage can be overwhelming. It's easy to miss what surviving actually means. I've seen first hand what imploding in the face of suffering means to people I care about. It's hard to accept the loss but as a wise woman once said to me, if you don't like it tough, either do something about it or don't complain. My heart goes out to Fibro sufferers who have had the courage to step beyond their suffering and embrace something else. Why not? We only live once, you can step outside the noise and embrace whatever may come.

Badger

Much appreciated, as much as I would like to put the world to rights and as little as I would like to be sober it would be nice to offer at least something worthwhile to other sufferers. Simply venting seems like a step too soon and a reminder a reminder not to indulge the hurt.

Auriel

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2006
Country
UK
State
UK
We won’t mind if you ever wanted to vent badger I’d be ok with it
🌟🦡 🌟

Badger

Many thanks, I've been trying to break a lifetime habit of bottling things up and will look to taking better care of myself in future. There have been some better habits and moments in the past couple of years but too many mistakes as well. It's been stressful after a couple of bereavements, that's understandable but I need to be more sensible. 👍

Jemima

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
Many thanks, I've been trying to break a lifetime habit of bottling things up and will look to taking better care of myself in future. There have been some better habits and moments in the past couple of years but too many mistakes as well. It's been stressful after a couple of bereavements, that's understandable but I need to be more sensible. 👍
The nice thing is that, as we go through that trial and error process (which I think is how this will always go for us lot!), we can bounce our thoughts off each other here. It's OK to falter and make mistakes. In fact, it's totally human - people do so all the time, but it's not always such a big deal because the impact they feel is far less, while the impact we feel is far more!

I enjoy reading your thoughts, Badger. Even when they explore sadness and hardship, there is comforting in knowing that we are all going through our struggles in a human way. The best any of us can do is keep looking upwards and trying to gently move in the right direction. We are definitely all here for you on that!

Badger

Burnt out after relapsing and just a few hours sleep in the past week. Typical start to the new year! The pain of restless legs and pulled muscles in my left arm is keeping me awake lately. Almost had to laugh at how hard it was to sit up in bed. Hopefully not too long to ease off
I wish everyone well, if there's any peace or sense of ease, please take a breath and rest with it. I'm trying some different meditations such as zen. Worth a try, massively angry otherwise and rather not be sober. Glad at least I talked to my nephew about his mum's suicide for the first time. The poor lads overwhelmed and it hit me we have something in common grieving at a young age. Happy to hear that he's making friends.