Not open for further replies.

Badger

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2001
Country
UK
It's not easy to realize and difficult to accept but apparently there's a form of peace on the other side. After one too many relapses I'm hoping to stick to a healthier routine. As bad as Fibro can be living with it has taught me a lot. The sense of bereavement and rage can be overwhelming. It's easy to miss what surviving actually means. I've seen first hand what imploding in the face of suffering means to people I care about. It's hard to accept the loss but as a wise woman once said to me, if you don't like it tough, either do something about it or don't complain. My heart goes out to Fibro sufferers who have had the courage to step beyond their suffering and embrace something else. Why not? We only live once, you can step outside the noise and embrace whatever may come.

Much appreciated, as much as I would like to put the world to rights and as little as I would like to be sober it would be nice to offer at least something worthwhile to other sufferers. Simply venting seems like a step too soon and a reminder a reminder not to indulge the hurt.

We won’t mind if you ever wanted to vent badger I’d be ok with it
🌟🦡 🌟

Many thanks, I've been trying to break a lifetime habit of bottling things up and will look to taking better care of myself in future. There have been some better habits and moments in the past couple of years but too many mistakes as well. It's been stressful after a couple of bereavements, that's understandable but I need to be more sensible. 👍

Many thanks, I've been trying to break a lifetime habit of bottling things up and will look to taking better care of myself in future. There have been some better habits and moments in the past couple of years but too many mistakes as well. It's been stressful after a couple of bereavements, that's understandable but I need to be more sensible. 👍
The nice thing is that, as we go through that trial and error process (which I think is how this will always go for us lot!), we can bounce our thoughts off each other here. It's OK to falter and make mistakes. In fact, it's totally human - people do so all the time, but it's not always such a big deal because the impact they feel is far less, while the impact we feel is far more!

I enjoy reading your thoughts, Badger. Even when they explore sadness and hardship, there is comforting in knowing that we are all going through our struggles in a human way. The best any of us can do is keep looking upwards and trying to gently move in the right direction. We are definitely all here for you on that!

Burnt out after relapsing and just a few hours sleep in the past week. Typical start to the new year! The pain of restless legs and pulled muscles in my left arm is keeping me awake lately. Almost had to laugh at how hard it was to sit up in bed. Hopefully not too long to ease off
I wish everyone well, if there's any peace or sense of ease, please take a breath and rest with it. I'm trying some different meditations such as zen. Worth a try, massively angry otherwise and rather not be sober. Glad at least I talked to my nephew about his mum's suicide for the first time. The poor lads overwhelmed and it hit me we have something in common grieving at a young age. Happy to hear that he's making friends.

...it's hard to admit I'm far from okay. I'm endeared by other sufferers experiences. It brings one around to the lesson of being. We can safely say others hate this just as much. In that we are not alone. In that, any joy is a happening and cannot be undone. Imagine that, in an existence were we sufferer chronic pain, fatigue and feel at the mercy of depression, joy if any, is beyond the reach of our darkest days. In being known, it cannot be subject to out most darkest thoughts.

I think it is helpful to admit that you are not OK when you are not OK. Now, you don't have to admit this to everyone else, but admitting it to yourself is the first step in accepting it as being the reality of the moment. And acceptance is the way to being at peace with that reality.

It is also helpful to turn the hatred into something else. hating what is your current reality uses up a lot of energy and emotion, which drains the energy that you really need in order to deal with this effectively.

This doesn't mean never vent! But I like this technique: whether I am alone or with a friend who lets me vent, I will say to myself or to my friend: May I have 5 minutes to vent? And then I set a timer. (ten minutes is OK too but not more) and then I vent as hard as I can for those minutes. when the timer goes off, venting must stop, and it is time to put that energy into something that will actually help.

Hating creates stress which makes fibro pain worse. Turning that energy into acceptance and positive action - to eat healthy and exercise and have a productive attitude toward your life and a caring attitude toward your body - is what will help. People who spend too much of their time hating what is going on cannot change it for the better.

It is also helpful to grab and embrace every tiny bit of joy we come across every day, even if it is only two seconds when we hear a bird song. Those tiny moments can add up and, while they will not dispel depression, they do us good.

I know this because that is how it has gone for me, and for many others I know and have known. If you ever need encouragement of tips for letting this just let us know. :)

Thank you very much, the support is very much appreciated and helpful coming from fellow suffers. I need to break lifetime habits and continue making small changes in case they help.

Thank you very much, the support is very much appreciated and helpful coming from fellow suffers. I need to break lifetime habits and continue making small changes in case they help.
Exactly right. Making small changes, one step at a time, but continuing to do them and adding more when you can, is the road to take toward better management of fibro or anything else that is a challenge in your life. It's important to feel good about the small changes that you make, and to encourage yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back