Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
Is anyone part of the clinical trial using Cyclobenzaprine sublingual for sleep and fm? If so I would love to hear your anecdotal viewpoints on the treatment.

Hey there! Sadly I don't have too much to add to your thread, but I didn't want to miss the chance of offering you a very warm welcome :) Hopefully you will get an answer very soon! I'm not sure a lot folks over here are on this treatment, but I might be wrong ;) Best of luck!

Hi gj872, I also can't give you any information to your question. I have never heard of it. Obviously it is a pharmaceutical drug for insomnia.
I only know of natural remedies to help you sleep. If you are interested, why not try valerian or chamomile as some mild sleep inducers. When I had really bad insomnia, I used to take up to 4mg of valerian to help me relax and sleep. It is a gentle and safe way with no side effects. Although, some people with sensitive livers might feel a little agitated. Needless to say, that if you experience anything unusual, you shouldn't continue taking it.

Im on cyclobenzaprine and it works fantastic for relaxation and as a sleep assistant. I take 1x 10mg right before bed when needed.
It really puts you out though. I am going to try half tablets during the day to see if it helps with my spasms i get throughout my entire body every 5-10seconds.

From what I read a few months ago, the trials are for pain as it has been shown as little as 2mg of cyclobenzaprine helps symptoms. This is something you place on your tongue and it is time released. I am interested in the findings as well. I am also on 10mg of it currently. I was taking half but my spasms are worse and my thumb started moving inward in own so it was increased. Worked, npbut now I think my thumb is used to it.

I've taken cyclobenzaprine for many years just so the spasms do not wake me up in the middle of the night like they used to.

My doctor, who never addresses the fibro condition I have told me that the government is not going to let me have my current medication when I turn 65-years-old. I don't know what I am going to do. She is already starting to limit me. I do not abuse these medications. I take them only at bedtime so that I can sleep.

I think that I am going to have to find a doctor who specifically addresses fibromyalgia and treats it.

It is a very good sleep inducer for sure.

I have cyclobenzaprine, but it was given to me for my back as a muscle relaxer, it was interesting to read on here other uses for it. Good to know.

I am always suspicious about clinical trials, but if we feel that it can't be worse, what do we have to lose really?

I have had flexeril in my arsenal for years and use it for really bad back spasms. Cyclobenzaprene is the generic. My doctor wanted me to take it each night to help with sleep and muscle spasms, but after several nights, I started feeling anxiety and restless leg. My neurologist prescribed zaniflex instead. I take a higher dose at night, then a smaller dose in the a.m. and if I have spasms during the day, I take half a dose. It seems to work for the spasms...I haven't heard about a clinical trial. It definitely works if taken only when I'm really bad and not taken for more than a couple of days. It'd be interesting what is different about the sublingual version....

I think that some drugs suit us, we know the effect that they have on us and we should have them all the time. After all, I believe we are our best doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back