DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello,

My doctor put me on Cymbalta yesterday, took my first dose this morning.

I was wondering if anyone has some insight to share.

Has it helped your pain and fatigue at all? Did you have any side effects? How bad was going off it? Have you combined the Cymbalta with anything else that really helped? How long did it take for you find any relief from it?

I'm worried about the side effects and what will happen if I have to go off it, I've heard some horrible things about people coming off it, but my doctor completely dismissed my concerns, so here I am.

Thanks!

l have been on Cymbalta for 4/5 months..........works well for the depression side, but does nothing for the pain. Side effects were there for the first week or so and since then nothing. l am also on Lyrica and this helps with both pain and sleep (l also have restless legs syndrome). No impact in terms of side effects of these 2 drugs though l was told that the Cymbalta make cause sleep issues (so l take in the morning) and Lyrica at night.

Not sure of the long term effects of either of these, but l am happy with the short term reduction in pain and sleep issues.

Main thing is everyone is different and react differently to each drug. Took them nearly a year to find a combination that worked for me and it was all "trial and error" and involved some scary episodes.

Cymbalta took a couple of weeks to impact to any degree that l could discern, but the Lyrica had an immediate impact.......Still fatigued but not totally exhausted when l get up in the mornings.

Hope my experiences help

JR54

I've been on Cymbalta for about 4 weeks now and I woke up this morning for the first time in months without any pain at all. The first 2 weeks were rough though. The side effects were pretty hard on me, but I stuck through it and am glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back