D-ribose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry but I do not know what d-ribose is, could you tell us a bit more about it and how it is used? We always love it when members share their experiences with us and give us information about different treatments and how they effect the body. Please tell us more, okay?

Hope you enjoy coming here and asking questions and answering other members requests. See you around the forum. :)

Hi there! No, I have never tried it and doubt I ever will go for it. I'm afraid of the side effects, specially given the fact I shouldn't consume sugar, I am already doing that, so don't want to add more to that.

Hi again and thanks for the welcome!
Anyone can google and get more info, but as I see it, d-ribose helps muscle energy and decreases pain, cramps and stiffness after exercise.
I found info from Jacob Teitelbaum, MD who has done a study on its effects on people with fb.

I take d-ribose. I started taking it a year ago. I wasn't sure it was really doing anything after a while so I stopped taking it. I could really tell then, my muscles felt so weak. I have been back on it for about a month now. I do feel stronger. D-ribose is recommended for heart patients so I don't see how it could be bad for you.

Thanks for your reply Fibrodaze! Can I ask what dose you are taking? I am only taking one teaspoon twice a day and it is helping.
I am going through a period of extreme exhaustion and if I forget to take it I can't get moving. I know I wouldn't be able to get of the couch if I wasn't taking it now.
I have cut back on coffee, so I'm not really ingesting anymore sugar than usual.

Thanks for your reply Fibrodaze! Can I ask what dose you are taking? I am only taking one teaspoon twice a day and it is helping.
I am going through a period of extreme exhaustion and if I forget to take it I can't get moving. I know I wouldn't be able to get of the couch if I wasn't taking it now.
I have cut back on coffee, so I'm not really ingesting anymore sugar than usual.

Your Welcome. I take one scoop a day which equals 2 teaspoons.

I took it and felt weird and possibly allergic to it, I didn't feel better but probably didn't give it enough chance.

The pills tasted so nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back