Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
MD
Hello everybody, has anyone here tried D-ribose and does it help? Thank you.

Yes, I did, but didn’t think it helped me.

Yes, I tried it a few years back. Nothing no response except to my wallet being smaller. Save your money.

Hello everybody, has anyone here tried D-ribose and does it help? Thank you.
Hi - D-Ribose has helped me tremendously. I started taking it a few times a day over the summer and it gave me much more stamina, energy & endurance. I was able to exercise more & gradually worked myself up to 2-3 miles per day of walking; something I was not able to do without it. It might be worth your while to try it but start small. I bought the powder & started with 1 scoop (5 grams) each day for a week. I then went to 2 scoops the next week & finally 3 the week after that. After my body adjusted, I was able to stay with 2 scoops per day.

You have to be consistent with it for it to work. For me, it's worth every penny.

Best of luck to you.

Does it help with pain or just energy?

It made me feel dizzy and feverish, but I was already taking a stack of supplements for mitochondrial support - the cocktail probably lowered my blood sugar too much. I have found that taking a pretty mighty dose of coq10 and ALA alongside folic acid massively lifts the fog for me, but haven't found anything that helps with pain (prescription meds made me really ill.) I'd love to hear how you get on!

I have found that taking a pretty mighty dose of coq10 and ALA alongside folic acid massively lifts the fog for me,
Too much consumption of coq10 would make your sugar and blood pressure really low.

It's hard to say if it helped with pain since I always have less pain in the summer and that's when I started the d-ribose. But I can say that it definitely gave me more energy.

Hello everyone. For those of you who take D-Ribose, how much do you take (daily)?

Too much consumption of coq10 would make your sugar and blood pressure really low.
Yes, I know - you're totally right. I experimented to land on what I take now, which includes 500mg/day of coQ10. I'm a writer, and I was seriously struggling to work. The combo I'm on now got my words flowing again! In this sense, I'd rather kick the fog and live with the pain than vice versa, as I support a household. Obviously, the holy grail is a multifaceted approach that tackles the lot!

D-Ribose helps my pain tremendously. I get it from Bulk Supplements or Jarrow and it takes my pain from a 9 to a 2. I take 1-2 scoops dissolved in water. I really recommend trying it.

Nothing but waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peater_walker, are you saying that you tried it, and it didn't work for you, so for you it was a waste of money?
If so, that is information that adds to this thread. But if you are saying that in and of itself D-Ribose is a waste of money for everyone, that is untrue, as it has helped many people.

It's good to keep your comments on a personal level, such as saying "For me it was a waste of money", rather than making statements such as the one you made above. This is because many people read these posts, and we do not want to mislead someone who perhaps only reads this post and thinks that what you say is the definitive truth about D-Ribose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back