Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MO
First time on a FMS site and my biggest question is what tips can you share about daily living with FMS. For instance, I have had to hire a housekeeper to clean and vacuum for me.

Many days I rest for 20-30 minutes, then get up and around for 20-30 min. Which means I never accomplish what I wish I could.

Perhaps you have some tips to help me out.

Thanks so much,

ddddeb

Hello there and welcome to the forum! I just wanted to offer you a warm welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear your FMS is bad. Have you tried taking any natural supplement? I was taking a green tea extract (pills) and it really did wonders for me! I didn't feel sleepy or tired during the day, I took just one pill in the morning and my energy levels were good!

We do have to learn to pace our day differently, and even take down days in a sudden flare.

Hopefully you are being treated for pain.

Hey i make a list of ,these have to happen today things, and a list of if i am doing better today things. If i am having a bad day..i might need to use heat a few times, i always use topical pain relievers, do stretching and light yoga helps...and my dr perscribes a pain reliever.

A lot of it is trial and error , what each of us learns helps us through the day.and sometimes just admitting what idi not get to will be there tomorrow. : )

I agree you have to pace yourself, I just do what I can, then rest between. I know things don't get done alot of the times.

There is no shame in taking breaks when cleaning or other activities you do. That is good pain management. I am similar to you, except this year I can clean for about 5 to 10 minutes then need to take at least a 20 minute break. Divide your work up, like if sweeping and moping are really hard on you, then divide the floor you are going to do into quarter sections or smaller if you need to. It will still get done, it just might take a little longer.

Doing dishes is the worst chore for me, as the sink and counters are too short for me and I have to bend to do them and it is so painful. It was suggested to me to sit on a bar stool to do the dishes to help relieve the pain. I haven't gotten myself one yet, but I hope to. I often use paper plates and bowls and plastic utensils to minimize the amount of dishes I will have to do. It's not the best for the environment, but I don't have much choice.

I don't drive, so I have to walk to get groceries and other things. I was taught to use a backpack to carry things rather than bags that you hold and especially not to use bags that go over your shoulders. The backpack uses larger muscles than the bags, which use smaller ones and can cause more pain. This really does make a difference. I use a backpack all the time now and only carry the lightest items in bags.

Don't worry if not everything gets done that you wanted to do. Besides anything you do clean will only get dirty again anyway. It's all just a matter of time. lol

I just have to accept that fact that things get done when they do. Even if that means I mop once a month.

Mopping once a month it's not the ideal solution, we can't live in the dirt, that's bad for the self-esteem. No one to support you trayne?

I do second you on that,green tea suppliments do work for most people, it does work for my best friend, because she has to work with this condition, so it does help her alot.

Is there anyone who has any advice on how to pace yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back