Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
WA
Hi! I'm SickieInSeattle. Basically, I feel horrible. I'm not only feeling horrible because I HAVE fibro, but feeling lousy because it causes so many problems in my life. My son, with autism, is about to graduate from HS and I'm not there for him like I used to be. I have a business-traveling husband, whom I adore, but who I can't keep up with anymore. My feeble attempts at a job I love have been a disaster this year (thanks to the warmer weather last year, I did pretty well). I've had 3 surgeries: 1 last June on my foot, 1 in July (uterine ablation), and 1 in November (to fix the shoulder I messed up when I fell in September--not quite steady on new foot).

My illness I think is hardest on my husband because I so often have to back out of things last minute. I feel like I just disappoint time and time again.

Has anyone out there had to come back from surgeries while dealing with fibro? Advice appreciated. I do not have the energy or consistency to do any major upheaval at this time. Maybe once this awful 7 months+ passes. :)

Thank you!

I have not had any surgeries, but understand what your going through. Hang in there as other members get a chance to read your post I am sure someone has had some form of illness that relates to what your needing an answer too.

In the meantime read through some of the different posts in other sections and scan through old and new posts. There is a wealth of information on this site that can give you ideas on management of your condition. I hope you will just join right in and post in order to make yourself a whole bunch of fibro buddies that will give you strength and courage going forward. Any questions let us know. :)

Hi! I've always wanted to live in your area because the heat in Southern CA aggravates my fibro.l I feel better when it's cooler. I haven't had any surgeries so I can't help there. Take care, LeAnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back