Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
I'm sorry guys, but I couldn't think of a title that could explain my situation better :shock: I seem to have incredibly delicate hands... yesterday I washed with my hands (very gently really) some delicates. I thought: ''well, not big deal''. Big mistake! I applied really small pressure on my hands, but surprisingly my hands hurt today :( Specially if I apply a bit pressure. Hurts like I worked a lot with my hands, and definitely did something tougher than just washing a couple delicates.

Who else has this kind of issue? I can't be the only one, right? The muscles of my hand hurt :( It's ridiculous, is not like I made tortillas and applied tons of pressure to the hands with a roller pin D:

Oh Trellum no you're not the only one, I am the same. Mine used to come and go and i could carefully do some hand washing of delicates and scrub up any spills on the carpet...wash the kitchen floor but now it hurts so much like some one has hit them with a rolling pin.

It's the same with typing...never used to be too much of a problem to type or use my lap top for a while now it hurts my hands and all my forearm muscles up through my elbow and inner upper arm the minute i start.

It's because all activity in the muscles and the tendons in our hands have no resilience to activity just like the rest of our bodies.

It's a shock when a bit of you you feel is 'safe' suddenly joins the pain party. Just rest them...use ice or heat and hopefully the pain will reduce.

The hard part is it puts us off doing the things we want and constantly either hesitant or fearful of the consequences...kind of measuring in our minds how long we do stuff for or maybe too scared to do it at all especially if the pain never really goes away again.

It's very waring and frustrating.

So we can find ways around it by using the delicates on the washing machine...but in the end how do we spend our time when more and more of our daily activities are stolen...things that make us feel useful and like we are contributing to our families or our own care.

Take Care... I empathize with you.

There are times when I can do things like this, without experiencing a backlash of pain and limitations, and other times when I can't. The problem is, I can't tell one from the other, so I will go through periods when I'll limit doing much of anything, following an exacerbation of symptoms. I did a little vacuuming this week, and had a nice sense of accomplishment, but then everything got much worse for the next few days, to an extent I hadn't felt in the past. I think it's probably a combination of various things such as the infection I'm fighting, the weather, and also the fact that I dared to do some household chores.

One thing that does help with my hand pain (besides pain medication and anti-inflammatories) is a paraffin spa. I haven't used it in a while, but I'm feeling the need growing, and I suppose I should pull it out and give myself a nice treatment. I tend to take a lot of really hot baths, and soaking my hands in the hot water while I'm bathing also helps. I need to remember to buy some Epsom salts, because those also seem to help me overall, although I haven't noticed anything specific with them helping my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back