Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
FL
If anyone also fights depression with their CFS/FM - I would love to know some ways to pull out of it. I'm on anti-depressants and anxiety pills - nothings working. I really need to get this down, in order, to help my family. Any ideas?

Fighting depression and anxiety - terrible. Any suggestions

I have major depression, anxiety and panic disorders. I take medication, but it doesn't always work. Mindfulness meditation helps me as does mindful breathing for anxiety attacks. Some days I manage one moment at a time.

I have bi polar and fibro ,some days all I wanna do is cry. The best thing I have found is to keep busy.now I understand some days u just can't move very far at all. I also have a team of ppl I can call if I really need to talk.im on meds but atm they don't seem to help at all.

I have been fighting all of the above, depression, anxiety, panic attacks. I am been trying to get into see a psychiatrist but so far I can't get anybody to call me back. I am not suicidal or a danger to myself or anyone else, I am just looking for some help for the overall sadness and lonliness that I feel most of the time. Keep fighting though. We will win this battle.

Depression is awful , finding something to do would help .but for me I don't have a car and I have a little one. Village bus comes only on the hour and well I'm not rich.
I'm sure if I could find something to do other then house work I'd feel better.
I'm thinking once little one is in school of asking the Dr to send me somewhere like a garden centre we have for ppl with deep depression. I don't no about u but I get so lonely.

Volunteer work helps me to fight with all these hard feelings. I also try to join every chance to go outside with my family, to walk in the park, to be on the picnic, to make photos of nature. Yes,may be I am very calm and silent,but I feel much better being with nice people. Solitude is not the best way to cope with depression, we should do small steps even we don't want. I also write my daily thoughts in my notebook,it helps me to feel some relief, to be aware of this fact that I AM NOT THESE awful state of mind and emotions, I just need love and peace. My little parrot brings me a lot of joy, I like to play with him,when I am so sad and tired.
Hugs! Keep strong!

I find myself not wanting to get out of bed at all and most days I really struggle to do so. I try to keep busy but everyone I know is either working or in school. I do volunteer work a couple of days a work with animals but they don't really engage me in delightful conversation. I do love it when they get adopted. It makes my heart smile to know they found a home. But more times than not I find myself sad, lonely, isolated and I have a tendency to cry for no reason. Today for example, I got prescribed a new medication that I thought would help me but when I went to the drug store I was told that the medication had to be pre-authorized by my insurance company and that I would have to wait two days before I could get it. While I was hearing that news my phone rang and it was my PCP's office telling me it would be another two days for a different prescription I was waiting on. So my solution was to start crying. It was so embarrassing. I wanted to crawl under the counter. I have seen 4 different doctors in the past three weeks and I still don't have any medication to help with the anxiety I feel. My husband is trying to be patient with me but he is used to me being the strong one and holding things together. I hope this to shall pass but in the meantime I am a nervous wreck.

accepting the diagnosis is a big part as to why we get depression. fatigue causes the depression too.
you must keep moving and set a sleep schedule and keep to it. sitting around thinking about the pain and the future is not helping the depression
its making it worse. get up and get out of the bed. stretching and breathing exercises throughout the day will reduce the pain and depression.

be the strong one and do what you have to do. stop making excuses and stressing your self out. your making yourself worse.

your husband will be understanding for only so much time. then he will fall into the resentment faze. then the i dont care faze, then the i dont want to be around it anymore faze. thats what your future is, if you keep doing as you have been.

my statement is harsh because you need it to be that way.

you can do this. keep trying.

I understand how all of you feel. Thank you so much for all of your support - it truly means a lot. I agree it's very isolating and lonely. Thanks again

Try to do this meditation but EVERY day:

Here are steps:
1. Find the most comfortable position for you,your back and neck should be straight,but without tension,you may also lie on the floor.
2. Focuse on your breath, it will take some time. When you're focused, take notice of your body and how each body part feels. Start with the toes and work your way up to your head. If your mind continues to wonder then bring your thoughts back to your breath. Breath 5 to 10 times with full concentration on each breath. Feel relaxed,don't hurry,just enjoy breath.
3. During the practice you may feel that in some parts of your body there is more tension and discomfort. Just let them be,don't worry,continue to breath. When you accept this pain your mind automatically start to be more silent and peaceful.
4. After your checking each painful part, try to feel all your body as whole, unique system, continue to breath.
5. Enjoy the feeling of relaxation,just be in it,you may end your meditation when you want, keep this feeling of gratitude to your body,despite pain it is alive and beaituful.
6. Use this meditation as daily treatment!

I also go for a walk every day,walking also helps to avoid bad thoughts and tough feelings. Try to find park and walk in it every day for 30 min,even 15 min will help! When you walk focuse on your steps, breath, body feelings,without judge,just feel.

Hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back