Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
uk
State
glasgow
I have a spinal stenosis in addition to FM currently arthritis so bad I need a hip replacement too which my doc is saying I'll need to wait till I'm 60 or completely I mobile well I'm now into third week of being unable to sit down pain is so acute I've reached scream on top of hill point a number of times work is impossible and I be developed tapping my head when the pain is so exhausting and FM making arm and shoulders feel like I'm 90blah blah any hints :confused:

supercass,
Hello and welcome to the forum. This idea came to me and I don't know if it would work, but I thought of a soft dog bed pad that you might be able to lay on your bed or in a chair to give you extra soft cushioning when sitting down. A bean bag chair might work if it was put in a large chair, as the tiny pellets inside would sift and offer support without the firmness of a regular chair.

I also tell folks to buy cotton fiber pads to lay on their beds on top of the mattress, but under the sheets to provide extra cushioning for their bodies. I use one that is soft yet supportive. Be sure to read through the different sections and post where ever you like. :)

I have a spinal stenosis in addition to FM currently arthritis so bad I need a hip replacement too which my doc is saying I'll need to wait till I'm 60 or completely I mobile well I'm now into third week of being unable to sit down pain is so acute I've reached scream on top of hill point a number of times work is impossible and I be developed tapping my head when the pain is so exhausting and FM making arm and shoulders feel like I'm 90blah blah any hints :confused:

Hi, I never had spinal stenosis until after hip replacement in 2010, and as I see it, these surgeries change so much of our structure and alignment. I went to a Physical therapist who specialized in spinal stenosis in females and she even did some "internal" work to move things around. There was some time when I could not sit for 5 minutes and not in pain and tears.

I'm much better now and do at least 2 times per day, spinal exercises and stretching to open up my spine. One I do laying on my bed, bring one leg to my chest and hold, then the other leg and hold and then bring the two legs to my chest and hold and rock some too to open up the spine. Hope this is clear.

For me, I often wish I had not done the replacement, as in many ways I'm worse off. I had anterior replacement and ended up with too many complications...Femoral Nerve Damage a big one...which I know now can happen with the anterior approach. Only pain I don't have is groin pain. Hope I've helped some with this SS issue. There are exercises/stretches online if you do a search for spinal stenosis stretches. J

Oh, I forgot, I even bought a donut pillow and used it everywhere, carried it when I went out etc....Now I use it while sitting at my desktop.....

Welcome, I'm sorry to hear you are having the arthritis pain so badly. I too have that. I understand your pain level. I had to go to pain mgmt for drugs that will help reduce that pain.
Look into a natural treatment for the arthritis first,then try PM.

Try venting here when your ready to scream and the tears are flowing. It help me.
Or write in your log book. If you don't have a log book, please see my post under general discussion. Starting a daily log book and why it helps. You need the book as you can see it will help to vent in the book rather than at the folks around you that just don't understand.

Keep posting an learning what you can here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back