Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
I think I've stated before that I am diabetic. I'm interested to know if anyone else is too! It interests me because I want to know if there is some sort of correlation between diabetes and CFS. I think it could help explain a lot. Also, if you are diabetic, did you feel the symptoms of CFS before being diagnosed? How long before?

I felt the symptoms of CFS long before I was diagnosed as diabetic. Year before, in fact. So, it's hard to tell if maybe the CFS symptoms are a result of being diabetic or if they are stand alone. It should be noted that I have very well controlled diabetes. I eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, check my numbers, take Metformin ect. However, I still feel tired all the time. I have to wonder if diabetes caused damage and resulted in CFS. Like years of being undiagnosed took its toll. I am not a doctor and I have no basis on anything aside from what is going on with me.

So, what are your thoughts?

I don't have diabetes, and have left this post until now because of that, but I wonder if just the combination of all your health conditions is causing the fatigue that you constantly feel. I am sure that years of not getting a diagnosis made your stress levels high and might have caused a bit of depression with it. So just try to relax a bit more and not worry. Do you write in a journal? It helps to get thoughts and questions, out of your head and onto paper so that you can forget about your problems for awhile.

I will leave it to other members to answer your first questions. :)

I'm diabetic because of steroid use. I was on 20mg for 4 years before we realized I was diabetic. I needed insulin because Metformin didn't do the trick. I did a terrible job keeping my diabetes under control and was always tired. I've not been diagnosed with CFS but I plan on discussing it with my doctor as I feel the symptoms fit me better than Fibromyalgia. I'm now on 6mg of Prednisone and my sugars are still problematic. My dogs switched me from insulin back to Metformin and tomorrow I'll get to find out if I need to increase the dosage. My sugars have been a yo-yo lately so I'm assuming I will go from 2 pills a day to 4.

I don't doubt there is a connection between the two because they are looking into CFS/Fibro being a neuropathic issue and what does diabetes cause? Neuropathy! Google "Energy Disorders: Diabetes, ME/CFS and FM - Can Diabetes Tell Us Anything About Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia" and see what you think.

I had the opposite issue of being hypoglycemic, but I'm stabilizing more now. My chronic fatigue is still my greatest issue, even though I'm healthier otherwise.

Chronic fatigue really appears to be energy bankruptcy. We owe our bodies energy we don't have in order for our bodies to heal. Any little bit of energy we have goes to the healing before anything else. So I think any illness can trigger chronic fatigue. I'm fairly sure it was my weak heart and extreme food allergies that made my first year of life so difficult that is causing my fatigue now. I never caught up.

I suffer from insulin resistance, that alone makes me feel so fatigued most of the time, but it's even worse after a big meal. It was way worse before I started treating myself with prickly pear juice plus pineapple every morning seems to be doing the trick! I'm controlling my glucose levels and feel more energized! It's amazing! I recommend it to anyone interested in controlling their glucose levels, actually a lot people in my country who suffer from diabetes use it for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back