Diagnosed in Aug, flaring badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm new to fibro as a reality, though ill for 3.5 years with various 'diagnoses' e.g. IBS, depression. Feeling crazy, sore and mad as a cat the last few weeks and today was the last straw. My blurry eyes really affected my driving all day and I scraped the side of my neighbour's van with my car about an hour ago. So embarrassed and wondering if others find driving harder because of fibro pain, fogginess etc.? This is the lowest I have been with fibro, I feel it's ruining my life/sleep/happiness.

Sorry for what you are going through. If you are feeling depressed, have you considered getting a professional help? It may help. Take care.

Sorry for what you are going through. If you are feeling depressed, have you considered getting a professional help? It may help. Take care.
Obviously, I already have! As I said before, I was on anti-ds for 2 months, hated them, came off them. It's more like anxiety, anyway. And the current state of the world is making everyone anxious.

I hear you, Nuala. The current world events have made my anxiety level spike through the roof, and I am having to manage it on a daily basis. I also have suffered from chronic periodic depression all of my life, have taken many different drugs and spent years in therapy. Some things helped for a while, others didn't help at all.

My conclusion, which only applies to myself of course, has been to learn to manage the depression pretty much on my own. I have had a lot of time to get used to it and to formulate an attitude toward it that doesn't keep me from getting depressed but at least keeps me functioning when I do. As for the anxiety, I take medicine for that, especially these days!

Maybe I will be able at some point to learn how to manage that without medicine too, but I doubt very much I will make any progress with that until this crazy world gets back to some kind of normalcy. IF it ever does, that is. It may not ever be "normal" again. The fact we have no idea, not even the experts have an idea, of where we will be with this a year or even six months from now is the thing producing the most anxiety for me right now. At this point it sure doesn't look good for our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back