Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
US
State
Tn
Recently diagnosed I. January 2017 with FM. All blood work came back negative as well as nuclear bone scan. On methotrexate...having some issues with it. High pain thresholds but this is really getting to me.

I haven't heard of methotrexate in treating FM. I was prescribed methotrexate when my first Doctor mistakenly diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Hi Dar1536,

Welcome and I hope you can find information on here that can help your pain decrease.There are a lot of different medications used for Fibromyalgia and you always should research your medications that your Dr prescribes. Some drs are experienced with Fibro and some think they are.
An informed person is a smart person.

There are some medications that are common among Fibromyalgia like Cymbalta,Lyrica,Savella and Gabapentin just to name a few.
But you have to try and see what works for your body,because everyone responds to drugs differently.

Methotrexate can be used for inflammatory diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis and others.So I would discuss the reasoning for this choice.Only you and your doctor know your medical history to make the right decision.

Some doctors use antidepressants such as Amytryptilline, Lexapro and others to decrease pain.

So there are lots of choices that your physician can order to help you feel better and improve your quality of life.

Because in the end ,that's what we all want,is to live a happy and fulfilling life!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back