DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
MI
Hi everyone,

This is my first time ever joining a forum or using one.
I am 35, married, two kids and two dogs. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at the end of January 2020. I went through blood work, x-rays, etc.
The best way to describe my symptoms is it feels like my body is destroying itself. I have pain in my neck, hands, wrists, back, top of my hips, and my knees. I have pain and tingling in my legs that feels like bugs are crawling under my skin. I suffer from debilitating migraine headaches. I have a rash all over both my cheeks, my chin and my forehead. And I cry more than I smile anymore.
The most frustrating thing is I don’t feel like many people believe me. I can’t put down a diagnostic test and say “see, here it is”. My own mom doesn’t seem to believe me and that makes me so sad.
I am hoping to find people who understand me here, suggestions on what others have found to work, and sometimes have a place to just vent.
Ever since everyone’s world got turned upside down by COVID-19, I feel like I have personally been in a constant flare.
I look forward to talking to you all.

Mirador

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
US
State
MI
Sounds like you've been clobbered with a lot of miserable symptoms. Are you seeing a rheumatologist or another kind of doctor? Has your doctor offered any mods for your debilitating pain? Have they absolutely ruled out lupus? Asking because of the facial rash. The crawly sensation (formication) can happen with fibromyalgia but could also have other causes. With your history of migraines complicating things, I think a great doctor will be your best ally. Hopefully you already have one, but if you're not feeling confident, keep looking.

As for believing you about your symptoms - I believe you, and so does everybody you'll meet on this forum. The symptoms of FM are varied and can be weird and we don't all get the same combination of them. Being stressed by the current pandemic isn't doing anybody any good. I find comfort in the knowledge that we're all in it together. I feel much less alone in whatever struggles I have.

Hope things will ease up for you very soon.

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
You will find people here who have had all the symptoms you describe and more. It is a very common thing for people with fibro not to be believed by their friends, family, colleagues and others. It's something we just have to deal with, because until fibro is better known, that is how it will be. Even if you had a signed certificate from doctors, many people would not believe you. I have a theory as to why that is, but you just have to learn to cope with it in a way that works for you.

As for it being The Year Of The Virus, (at least, we can still hope it's only going to be a year) indeed probably everyone on the planet is by now affected by the chaos that is going on, and it is a hard time for all of us. For people with Fibro and other such disorders it is even harder, because stress greatly exacerbates our symptoms, and there's pretty much no way to avoid feeling stress these days no matter who or where you are. The human race is stressed out these days! I know my pain level has risen a great deal since all this began. All we can do is hang in there and take the best care we can of each other and ourselves. If we can help each other here, that's what this forum is for.

sjbrown

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Hi everyone,

This is my first time ever joining a forum or using one.
I am 35, married, two kids and two dogs. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at the end of January 2020. I went through blood work, x-rays, etc.
The best way to describe my symptoms is it feels like my body is destroying itself. I have pain in my neck, hands, wrists, back, top of my hips, and my knees. I have pain and tingling in my legs that feels like bugs are crawling under my skin. I suffer from debilitating migraine headaches. I have a rash all over both my cheeks, my chin and my forehead. And I cry more than I smile anymore.
The most frustrating thing is I don’t feel like many people believe me. I can’t put down a diagnostic test and say “see, here it is”. My own mom doesn’t seem to believe me and that makes me so sad.
I am hoping to find people who understand me here, suggestions on what others have found to work, and sometimes have a place to just vent.
Ever since everyone’s world got turned upside down by COVID-19, I feel like I have personally been in a constant flare.
I look forward to talking to you all.
You will definitely find support here. WE are all in the same boat and finding ways to cope and comfort each other and ourselves.

Jennfrashlee201

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
MI
Sounds like you've been clobbered with a lot of miserable symptoms. Are you seeing a rheumatologist or another kind of doctor? Has your doctor offered any mods for your debilitating pain? Have they absolutely ruled out lupus? Asking because of the facial rash. The crawly sensation (formication) can happen with fibromyalgia but could also have other causes. With your history of migraines complicating things, I think a great doctor will be your best ally. Hopefully you already have one, but if you're not feeling confident, keep looking.

As for believing you about your symptoms - I believe you, and so does everybody you'll meet on this forum. The symptoms of FM are varied and can be weird and we don't all get the same combination of them. Being stressed by the current pandemic isn't doing anybody any good. I find comfort in the knowledge that we're all in it together. I feel much less alone in whatever struggles I have.

Hope things will ease up for you very soon.
Thank you so much. I started seeing a Rheumatologist at the end of January (he is the one who diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia). He prescribed me 30mg of Cymbalta, 1x/day. I've been on Norco 10mg since November, which my GP prescribed to me, because I went to him first in tears because I couldn't sleep and my pain was unbearable. At this point, the Cymbalta doesn't work at all, the Rheumatologist wanted me to stop taking it, but without it, I can't get out of bed. I'm supposed to have a virtual appointment with him tomorrow morning. I don't think he even believes that I'm in as much pain as I tell him I am. I don't even know if a Rheumatologist is the right doctor to see for this.

I had more bloodwork done when I was at the Rheumatologist to check for Lupus, etc. but all my levels came back normal according to the results I got. My understanding is that happens quite a bit - the lab work at the time comes back normal.

I am hoping tomorrow yields something new I can try to give me even a little bit of relief. It's very nice to be on a forum where I can talk to others who have been/currently going through the same thing. You feel much less alone.

Jennfrashlee201

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
MI
You will find people here who have had all the symptoms you describe and more. It is a very common thing for people with fibro not to be believed by their friends, family, colleagues and others. It's something we just have to deal with, because until fibro is better known, that is how it will be. Even if you had a signed certificate from doctors, many people would not believe you. I have a theory as to why that is, but you just have to learn to cope with it in a way that works for you.

As for it being The Year Of The Virus, (at least, we can still hope it's only going to be a year) indeed probably everyone on the planet is by now affected by the chaos that is going on, and it is a hard time for all of us. For people with Fibro and other such disorders it is even harder, because stress greatly exacerbates our symptoms, and there's pretty much no way to avoid feeling stress these days no matter who or where you are. The human race is stressed out these days! I know my pain level has risen a great deal since all this began. All we can do is hang in there and take the best care we can of each other and ourselves. If we can help each other here, that's what this forum is for.
Thank you so much. I already feel better having a place to come to discuss everything that's going on. I appreciate you!