Diagnosed today after many years in pain good to have a diagnosis at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingle dell

Hi diagnosed today with fribo after trying to cope with the pain and depresion that comes with it for many years and all the n tests done that were negative... It was good though to have a name put to it, but I feel quite in shock at the moment , the reality will kick in I expect tomorrow. I have bad pain mostly in my feet, It helps knowing there are people out there like me and to be able to get some support by reading how others are copeing. I have always been a very fit and lively lady, long walks, cycling, swimming but now ..... feeling .....well I expect you all have been there... so tomorrow I will pick myself up, get my pain killers from the Chemist and embrace the day.

In case you're wondering where your first post got lost: it's -> here. Or praps it was on purpose, just looking thru the forum categories.
But while I'm at it: Praps you haven't seen sunkacola's Big Advice Post -> here yet? Best place to start and get a direction to go to! (And maybe manage to cope without pain killers someday, as they often harm, often (usually?) don't help with fibro pain.)

I love those last 3words of your post Dingle Dell EMBRACE THE DAY (it should be put on a t.shirt) I’m glad you’ve had a diagnosis and sad in equal measures + positive forward focused action plan for tomorrow (it can take years sometimes to accept all the life changes fibroannoying can bring) well done ! 🍸 🏅 👍🏻

Yes, well said, embrace the day, that will come around in future. Diagnosis is a upheaval and something of a relief. From here you can begin on the path of managing this devil we call fibro. I wish you well, there is help and support here on the forum all the best for the coming days.

devil we call fibro.
And one of the first steps of managing fibro of course is to try to let go of that Devil-image 😜and see it as my body = me telling me to respect its limits, to self-care and find a new life, as admonisher, teacher, friend. A clinic pain psychologist once told me to regard fibro as an annoying relative I have to carry around with me, but together with @sunkacola I quickly realized that even that isn't helping, whilst @Jemima's "radical acceptance" of it is an ideal way of not fighting, but of building ourselves up again from grieving....

Devil-concept: Personifying evil I personally think gives equal rights to something that is anti life, thus not equal. (It is hardly present in the Bible by the way, more of a side note, crept in in the Middle Ages.)

The degree of acceptance one can find for what IS, in each moment, is the degree to which one can have peace of mind in that moment.

The degree of acceptance one can find for what IS, in each moment, is the degree to which one can have peace of mind in that moment.
Now that's one to ponder upon and then directly start to put into practice :cool:.
Now.

Definitely, sounds like one to reflect on and recite mindfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back