Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
8/1977
Country
US
State
TX
Hello everyone…I’m a newby to this forum …was diagnosed by a rheumatologist with fibromyalgia in my twenties via the “pressure point” test…no problems with symptoms until two decades ago, with occasional flu-like pain and fatigue in my fifties. Now, 70 on my next birthday, I’m waking up with the classic headache and pain/fatigue in my muscles, especially in my torso, almost every morning. Am treating these symptoms with acetaminophen alternating with ibuprofen, but both act slowly to reduce the pain. Can anyone recommend a different pain killer that’s OTC? Thank you!

Hi Janet, you can check out my post for suggestions of things that can be of help and that do not involve medications.
As far as medications go, whether prescription or OTC, you may hear that something helped someone but you will also hear that it did nothing for someone else.
Fibromyalgia is a very individual thing and what works for one is not not necessarily going to work for another, so the best thing to do is try whatever you think might help and do your own experimenting. Taking acetaminophen every day is not healthy for the liver, and ditto for advil or other NSAIDS which can be hard on liver or kidneys, especially when you are a little less young. My own doctor strongly advises against taking any of those on a daily basis.
Welcome to the forum, and I hope that you find good information and support here. We are here to help each other.

Thank you so much Sunkacola for your very helpful response. You’ve given me a lot to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back