Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
UK
State
Hampshire
Hi all I am glad to have found this group :)
im 36, mum of 5 children from Portsmouth England :)
I finally got diagnosed after 6 years of going back and forth to a doctor, I was told I had depression and sciatica. ........ moved doctors and after 4 months told I have fibro :(
glad I now can put a name to it at last than feeling like a failure and a bad person x

I have a few 'friends' with fibro too and have been told by one that I definitely dont have it as her symptoms are not like mine and her other Friends saying that your feet dont feel like your walking on hot coals and walk like your 90 years old :( I have explained to her not everyone has to have the same symptoms to have fibro!

I am very lucky I have a great family and select friends who know im not after anything other than to be "normal" positive attitude is the key :)

Hi i live in Winchester area not that far from you. I have fibro too for 7/8 years. Iam glad you have some nice friends. You definately can feel 90 and have a whole body all over that hurts so much you can hardly bear it at times...aching can be a luxury. You are right everyone is different and over time things can improve or change around...no one knows but if you take good care of yourself....reduce stress as much as possible you will keep as well as possible.

Make the most of the good days and hours taking in even simple pleasures like a nice chat with a friend on a comfy sofa or cuddling up with family to watch tv munching on something nice to eat when you are too uncomfortable to do much else.

YOU are definitely not a failure and deserve praise for staying positive so early in your diagnosis. I took 2 years to stop feeling like crying most mornings trying to come to terms with such full on life change and pain!

Last edited:
Thanks willow xxx not far at all :)

it hit me when I had the helping aids .....bed rail , toilet seat with rails and a bath seat I had a few days of feeling a complete waste of life but so lucky I am that I have some truly amazing friends who always knows what to say :)

it took so long for me to actually admit defeat and due to a very high pain threshold nobody believed that I felt like this x

I am finding a new me one of love and light instead of a bull in a china shop lol
I found meditation great and also concentrating on my breathing makes for a calm and positive me :)

My husband is good for keeping me out of feeling sorry for myself I also found routine with the kids while he is at work stops me sitting feeling sorry for myself xx

hope to chat again xxx :)

You are a bit of an inspiration ameliaaward...so positive. Did your fibro start gradually and build up over those 6 years or you just haven't known what was wrong? May I borrow some of your high pain threshold pleaseeeeeeeee? I have been struggling recently with severe pain all over and am bored out of my brains as i coudld always pace myself and acheive quite a lot until recent months......now i am sitting around a lot which is just not me at all.....and you have 5 children to deal with daily!

It's great though that you have this lovely family and friends. I think that must make a big difference perhaps even to how fibro progresses as optimism is and positive influence is key.

Many of us have lost friends over the years due to our hidden illness and you must be a lovely lady and drawn yours closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back