Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2005
Country
US
State
TX
I know some don't believe in natural methods, or would prefer to rely on medication, but I prefer to limit the number and type of medications I put into my body. Blood pressure medication is something I'm averse to, because it could complicate at least a few of my other issues.

I have a tendency to have high blood pressure when I'm sick, in pain, or stressed out. It runs in the family, and often, diet and medication don't even help my family members. I was in the ER the other day, and my blood pressure was high enough that they were concerned, and wouldn't let me leave until it decreased. My other issues were finally resolved enough that I could do a little deep breathing, and I brought it down to the point where they finally released me to go home.

I am sorry to learn that diet and medication don't help your family members WarriorPrincess. I am also averse to using medications not only for high blood pressure but for other conditions also though diet does have a promise as it doesn't have side effects. I would aver that in your case, lifestyle interventions are the answer. For example, I am a walker and this keeps the blood pressure low because of the rhythmic movement which is not exerting on the heart and joints. I also try to keep tabs on my emotions and moods with a view to adjusting them through corrective action. Best regards.

Good for you WP, the less medication the better!

I went through a bad couple of months with my blood pressure soaring (for me). Most of my life its been 120/78; once the fibro started, I was pushing 157/90. So, periodically,
I would do breathing exercises to increase my nitric oxide. You press down one side of your nose, and breathe in deeply through the other nostril. Then exhale through your mouth. I do this a few times, then do it with the opposite nostril. Good for the heart muscles, and I find it calms me down too in times of stress.

You can look it up, Dr. Mercola recommends it. I know so people think he's a quack, but I find he gives great natural advice to almost any ailment.

I love to walk @remnant, it's my favorite physical activity. I haven't been able to walk for a while (I can physically walk, just haven't been able to go recreational walking), but am hoping I'll be able to go again soon. I know I feel better as soon as I get outside, and even though walking hurts, it helps me to feel better mentally.

@sureimsore I read some of his publishings, also. I've been doing diaphragmatic breathing for years, and it's always helped me. Yours is a technique that's new to me, I'll have to give it a shot.

Thanks, @sureimsore, I'll be sure to check that out. The internet here on the computer is working o.k., but wifi is still very suppressed, so thinking provider hasn't fully restored the signal to my neighborhood, so I can't do much unless I'm actually sitting here at the computer, which is sometimes difficult. Yay, the sun is out, and the temperature isn't that high, so hoping to do some deep breathing on the balcony in a bit, while enjoying nature.

So sorry to heard about your high blood pressure, it's awful. I took medication for that when I was diagnosed with a cm in my brain, I regret it so badly! Those meds made me gain a lot weight, and I still haven't even managed to lose the darn weight! You are right for wanting to limit the meds you take.

Since I got the antibiotics, my blood pressure has been perfect. I test it several times per day,and it hasn't gone high one time since they have been in my system. I just spoke to the office and they called me in a refill, but that is the last one. Now I'm trying to work on coming up with the money for the surgery, so I can address the root of infection (dental instrument piece broken off in my gum), and get it out of my system. It's amazing to me that I specifically told the doctor and nurses that my medical issues (that I visited the ER for) were caused by an infection, and I was ignored. I would imagine this happens more than just to me, and I plan on bringing up the issue with the hospital when I receive the bill. The blood pressure has spiked somewhat when my pain increases, but that is normal, and is still 60+ points below where it was when I was in the Emergency Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back