Not open for further replies.

RomanAnthonysMama

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
massachusetts
I'm currently 8 months pregnant, and I was just wondering if anyone dealt with Fibromyalgia while pregnant? If so, how did you deal? It's hard because when you're with child you can't participate in all treatment options unless they're approved and/or natural. Also, with all the aches of pains that come along with pregnancy anyways, it's hard to deal with added on pain. If you've dealt with pregnancy and fibro, what treatment options did you look into, and what did you do to help increase your comfort level?

I had fibro while pregnant. I hate quite a lot of pain during my pregnancy. The fatigue became very bad too. I tried to just get as much rest as I could. I also used meditation to help me when I was feeling in too much pain. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you are able to feel well for the remainer of your pregnancy.

I've been dealing with chronic pain for a while now, so yeah... it's really hard to be pregnant and have fibro. The fatigue is the hardest part, but the pain gets even worse as you get heavier and heavier. I was afraid of getting pregnant for this same reason... I've a lot joint problems and a REALLY bad back. I really can't think of a worse combination right now. My mom told me many times: ''Why don't you just adopt a child?''. I told her I'd love to, but my husband really wanted a child of his own!

I agree with what everyone is saying. I was pregnant last spring (unfortunately it didn't last) but for the four months I was pregnant the fatigue was paralyzing. Fortunately I wasn't working. I would get up, take my daughter to school, then have to come right home and get in bed. The best I can recommend is using eucalyptus and peppermint oils in your diet and sprinkling some around when you feel really tired...James help too.

I'm sorry that should say in your shower and oranges help too. Lol

I have had FM for 28 years and I have two children 21 and 15 years. Back then no one would recommend anything. I had acupuncture and it helped. Today, I'm sure you could find help with a naturopath or homeopath. Lots of naps, good nutrition and rest.

Labor and delivery were my biggest challenges. The first child I had medical intervention and the second came so quickly I had no time for any drugs etc. I had to use pain relievers and muscle relaxants for a couple of weeks to bring my body back to normal after both births.

My biggest advice I can give you is to have help and support. Don't try to do it alone. I thought I could with my first and I ended up being exhausted all the time and didn't give her the love I wanted. I didn't have the energy to. With my second I put my pride aside and employed a nanny. She helped with both kids and I took much needed rests. I got back on my feet much sooner with my second. I didn't suffer with postpartum as I had with my first and I enjoyed the parenting role much more.

My cousin had that issue during her pregnancy and I guess she did a lot of pregnancy yoga and that somehow helped. She seemed to have carried on quite well. Sometimes, I also believe fibro is a psychological thing? Do you guys believe in this too? A bit more positive thinking might help.

I've had Fibro with both pregnancies. I wish I had known that's what it was at the time. Both pregnancies were really hard on my body. I used to put a pillow between my legs at night. I tried to get as much rest as I could. I also used natural oils that wouldn't hurt the baby and took baths if possible (not too hot, though). Unisom would help with sleeping and morning sickness if you have that. My husband would also give me massages. It was miserable, but the babies were worth it! Also, do stretching exercises!

How more positive could one be to want to have children and have FM? Yes, it is in the head but neurological not psychological. No one in their right mind would want to have FM especially when trying to raise a family. Being a bit more empathic might be in order for you rather than judgemental.

@ Jamy. It looks like wander N Wonder doesn't have it herself, but knows someone who does. Otherwise, she wouldn't be saying it's just psychological. @ Wander N Wonder... yes, a positive attitude helps, however, it is not psychological. The pain is real, and it's worse for us with pregnancy. People with Fibro have messed up sensory nerves. We feel everything, even things that a person wouldn't normally feel, and pain is more intensified when there is a problem somewhere on your body. Even something simple like a paper cut can be more intensified in a person with Fibro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back