Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
I want to lose weight badly.but my pills make me super hungry .
Apart from sewing my mouth shut any tips would be great

Hey there, here's what I'm doing with weight. Maybe it will work for you. Try keeping your cupboard as clear as possible from foods that don't require ANY effort to prepare except for fruits and vegetables. I found it was too easy to just mindlessly eat and I was slipping into putting empty calories into my shopping cart and then into my body. If I have to prepare something, even something as simple as a salad or re-heating a leftover, it makes me stop and think about if I am truly hungry. I also know that I need to keep moving if I'm going to maintain a healthy weight, which is often easier said than done! No matter what I eat, if I don't burn the calories I'm not going to be successful in keeping the pounds off. I avoid sweeteners. I stopped baking cookies because I gorge on them! I guess my biggest piece of advise is to find a food plan that you believe you can follow for your lifetime.

Hi! The above advice is great. When I decided that I needed to loose weight the help prolong more health problems and to make myself healthier on a whole, I used the program....The Pink Method. It worked great for me. Very simple and easy to follow as it tells you what to do each day. You don't have to buy weird or expensive items at the grocery store. You cut out sugar, carbs, and decrease milk products, and eat a lot of veg, some fruit , smaller meals with healthy snacks in between, and eventually increase what you can eat and maintain. I lost 30lbs in 3 months and I followed it to a "T". It took a lot of will power at first but after the first 3 weeks I was ok. The first 4 days was the worst! Then I exercised 6 days a week religiously. Not expensive to get started either. I do drink coffee and love me cream so I kept that. That was my thing. I drink wine on weekends did avoid it for a couple of weeks and then treated myself to one glass and eventually increased it to my norm after I had a good relationship with the diet and exercise. The one thing I did was have my craving. So, it I was dying for a hamburger, I had one and then I wasn't thinking about and didn't have that craving again for a long time. I started my diet and eating habit change Jan 1 2012 and have kept 37 lbs off since. You have to be ready to do any diet, be dedicated, take the time, and find one that is easy, simple and works for you. You can do it! ;)

Good advice above. I try to eat lots of fruits/veggies, very little red meat. Limit carbs, very little sugar. Drink lots of water, at least 8 glasses a day.
If u stop putting the bad things in your pantry u will not be tempted. The holidays were difficult as routines are out of whack. I still fell bloated.

Hi all the advice is great. i once put on quite a few pounds over time and decided to loose it. Because i am someone with a good appetite i had to find ways to fill up but on lowest calorie foods.

For breakfast i would have porridge made with water and sweeteners (not aspartame as i gather that's not good but splenda or the new one stevia...you could add a little real sweetener like a little honey or jam on top or some fruit that you like for flavour.

An alternative breakfast could be 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of wholemeal toast with a low calorie spread or third tin of beans spread over 2 slices wholemeal toast but no butter.

For lunch i would have maybe a jacket potato with tuna and salad with low calorie salad dressing or with baked beans ( about half a tin). you could have any low fat meat like chicken or prawns.

For dinner i would make any fish, low fat meat, or vegaetarian with few new boiled potatoes and lots of veggies and if you need more flavour a small amount of gravy or you can buy frozen fish in various sauces to oven bake in a bag and the sauce makes the veggies all more tasty.

I would also make big pots of extra lean minced beef, lots of veggies, onions carrots mushrooms a few potatoes and some frozen peas and broccolli added nearer the end all cooked in a gravy in a big saucepan for a couple of hours. You dont need much oil, just a spray of that low fat olive oil spray to fry the onions first.

You can turn the same basic mix into chilli or bolognaise with different sauces either home made or cheat and use a low calorie shop version sauce and serve with whole meal pasta or brown rice...just not too much of the carbs.

I lost about 5 pound to 7 pounds a month and wrote down the calories in everything i ate and drank each day so i couldn't cheat and stuck to 1200 calories a day.

Everything we buy has the calorie content written on it or can be looked up.

You quickly get to know what meal has what calories as you repeat things and write them down so although that might sound tedious it gets quick to keep a record after a week or two.

Good luck.

I am taking a supplement that helps me with the cravings, I am not sure I can write the name here though. Eating low calorie fruits also help, watermelon and tangerines help when I feel really hungry or I feel like eating something sugary. I actually managed losing a lot weight a couple years ago having as much watermelon as I wanted for dinner and breakfast. I ate more than enough for lunch, of course. Eating fruits and raw veggies is always a good idea.

I lost about 40 lb and have kept it off for many years. I wasn't really trying to loose weight - I was trying to control my migraines. So my motivation was to be in less pain, which for me is more compelling than loosing weight.

The biggest thing I changed at first was cutting back on sugar, refined grains and highly processed foods. I didn't worry about fat, carbs or calories. For a year I was very strict - I ate nothing with added sugar, no bread, no pasta and so forth. After the first year or so I cautiously added some of the foods I'd cut out back in. I became more focused on eating whole, natural foods than avoiding food. I still didn't worry about fat, calories or carbs. I continued to loose weight over the next few years, then leveled out at my current weight

The suggestions above are all really good - make it easy to eat the good stuff and hard to eat the bad stuff. I keep a big bowl of salad made up in my fridge as my go to snack. I love to eat salad with nuts... Ok, I'm getting distracted by food.

Try to get as much fiber from natural sources as you can. To keep yourself motivated set really easy goals for yourself and give yourself a little reward (non food) when you meet them. If you can make healthy eating a habit, you are much more likely to stick with it.

If you do all this you might or might not reach your goal in weight loss, but you will definitely feel better and be healthy.

Oh, and holidays mess me up too. I ate Way Too Much Easter sugar :oops::-(

It is daunting to be hungry, leave alone being super hungry. You can start by ditching high glycaemic index foods like cakes, sweets and the like. Replace them with low glycaemic foods like sweet potatoes, arrowroots and proteins in general. Drink plenty of water in between meals instead of eating. Eat a heavy breakfast and a light supper. If you have a heavy supper, it should be big on fruits and vegetables.

Oh Yes and i used to buy low calorie jelly....a whole one pint jelly has something low like 40 calories and tastes the same as regular jelly. It may not be the healthiest product but if i craved some thing sweet a big dish of jelly and fruit or low fat/sugar yoghurt with probiotic it helped fill me up with what felt like a treat.

Different low fat dressings can make salads taste different and low calorie hot chocolate drink was another standby for me to help with comfort/sweet cravings. It has less calores per mug than the milk you would use for tea or coffee.

How's the diet going Forgetmenot?? In fact i have gained weight since the New Year and this constant slump in health has had me comfort eating too...so need to follow my own advice.

Good Luck

Yeah, being hungry is insane, so we need to go for a diet that doesn't make us feel like that. Also, have the goal in mind, if we don't are overweight our life will be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back