Not open for further replies.

jackie1964

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
1/2020
Country
UK
saturday evening at work my left hip started to cause me a lot a lot of pain and both sides of groin started to feel like they were being pulled tight. Needless to say after a couple of hours trying to carry on working i was left virtually unable to put one foot in front of the other, my work manager had to take me home, still in bed could this be a fibro flare up?

Hi There,
I've experienced this many times. Might only last 2 or 3 days at a time, however we each experience Fibro differently. Hope yours goes away soon. Take care.

What happens for me is that if I have been sitting, like driving in the car for instance, and then go to walk into a store sometimes my hips will just not work. I can't describe the sensation very well, it's as if they seize up, but it is extreme, and I have to stop trying to walk and lean on a car or something until it passes, which usually takes less than a minute but is sometimes longer. If I keep walking I will fall down...learned that the hard way so only did that once!

I have similar hip thing. It usually happens in one hip though , kind of like a cramp , but feels more like in my joint rather than in muscle. I can’t move , or walk or even stand , extremely painful , and just comes out of the blue , I have to wait for it to pass , usually just a few minutes .

Yup. I get that. I have to stretch out a bit but with repeated actions it’ll seize back up. Keep on stretching!

80 year old man that was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 10 years ago. It slowly got worse. A year and a half ago I was still in fairly good shape but unble to sleep over 2-3 hours in Memory foam bed then the pain in my bones and muscles got so bad i had to get up nd move to my recliner wrapped in a heavy shawl for 2-3 hours more of sleep. Now my legs are weak and I am having a very difficult time sleeping , one hour laying down and if i get up i am foggy lots of pain and disoriented. I have tried every kind of medication savella, lyrica and many more. Nothing seems to work. Lower back and sciatica down my left leg is bad. It gets better by 1-2pm in the afternoon. Strange problems and seem to change.

It sounds like a fibro flareup. I had a similar one a couple of weeks ago on my arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back