Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
CA
State
AB
I've been on and off pain meds and protonpump inhibitors over the years and my digestion is not great, but lately it has been so gassy and I already have eliminated gluten and lactose and have reduced sugar to minimal. Is this something that I can blame on fibro? Do others have this problem?

I just bought some probiotics that my doctor previously recommended - I took them for a few months last year. They are pricey but I figure - if they help its worth it. And I do eat fibre - large flake oatmeal every morning and lots of greens and veggies.... lots of filtered water too.

It could be caused by the pain or other medication you are taking. Maybe you should discuss it with your doctor and see if you can go off them one at a time and see if that gives you information.
also, there are things that cause gas in some people. Obviously beans, but also broccoli and all cruciferous vegetables. Try playing around some more with your diet. It could be just one thing you eat.

I've just tried two types of probiotics, the first made me nauseous, the second *increased my ISBD - LOL. Much better now without. Psillium helps my IBSD. Gas - one thing you eat... When I mix(ed) plant and animal proteins (soy and milk) in one meal or protein-rich/acidic and carb-rich/alkaline foods in one meal, my gas got worse: the Hay diet helped me with that and after a few years that got a lot better, I don't have to separate much any more, but sometimes I still have.
We can always blame things like IBS on the fibro, if it helps... ;-D

Hello there. It's certainly has something to with your intakes, whether food or medication. It is best to speak with your doctor about it as we may all have different reactions to medications.

From what I've read, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) often accompanies FM. That's my case for sure. I finally found medication that works for me by accident. My psychiatrist has me on guanfacine and citalopram for anxiety and depression. I started the guanfacine several months after the citalopram and that's when I really noticed improvement. Regular bowel movements, very little gas, odor, and bloating. It is such a relief.

Do you notice your ibs and pain changes with weather? It's been extremely cold with a high barometer and my joint and muscle pain and ibs have flared tremendously accompanied by bouts of pain and nausea.

My pain is definitely worse in cold wet weather.

I haven't noticed a connection between weather and IBS. Stress is what causes flares for me. I'm not sure about pain and weather. I lived in Fairbanks, AK for 7 years and the last few winters were rough for me, even though they were mild for Fairbanks. Not sure if it was the FM or just tired of being cold.

Do you notice your ibs and pain changes with weather?
No, IBS in my case is only food intolerance. Pain used to be increased by the cold, until my TCM/acupressurist "activated my inner cooking pot", since then it's normalized, I sweat like I used to before the fibro-flare, have to change my T-shirts again more often, LOL. We've now had temperature jumps from -15 to +15°C inside of a few days and I'm fairly sure my issues at the moment have other causes. (Sorry, bit late answer, I've been struggling with work.)

Terrible reflux and ibs lately. Chronic sore throat for weeks....assuming it's the reflux, but also bad back and neck and shoulder spasms.
Anybody experience that? Rib pain mostly one-sided.

Hi, I am the same, been really bad the last few weeks. With IBS have constipation one day then diarrhea for a few days. Acid reflux also seems to give me a sinus type headache and as you say a sore throat. It makes you feel so miserable especially with the neck and arm pain as well.

Have any tests run for it? I'm going to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Going on way too long. Do you notice your neck and arm pain worse when the reflux acts up? What do you do for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back