Not open for further replies.

Poppy

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
Uk
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone else gets really easily distracted? Sometimes I can be driving and find my gaze and thoughts drawn to something or I can be in mid sentence, something catches my eye and it completely interrupts me. It's especially hard to consentrate and stay focused when I'm tired or having a bad day.

I have to admit that I have this problem as well. It seems to come and go some days are a lot worse than other days when I have more clarity. There are some days where the littlest thing will distract me and then it is hard for me to catch my train of thought so I can complete whatever it is I am working on. It is highly frustrating!

Poppy,
Welcome to the forum. Yes, it is easy to get distracted when we are tired or stressed out. Your mind starts to wonder and suddenly something jolts you back to what your doing at the time. This is called depersoalization, in a mild form. It is the same thing as watching a movie and getting so focused on the movie you lose track of time or even those around you fade into the background. I had a doctor tell me once that when you find yourself drifting off to slam the steer wheel and shout NO, and force yourself to pay attention to the road and where you are. I suggest you do a web search about this topic and find some ways to combat your lack of ability to avoid distraction while driving. It is not so bad when sitting on your sofa at home, but out on the road you could have or cause a bad accident.

I hope this helps you. :)

Hi Poppy. I'm new to the forum also. I find concentration and loosing track of time to be two of my problems. I was in a very minor accident because of this. I was getting ready to pull out from the curb, checked for traffic, and then wasn't sure how I was going to turn around. Needless to say, during my hesitation a car came around the corner. He was going pretty fast and he may have been partly to blame but I took responsibility because I really wasn't sure how much time was involved. Luckily it was very minor.

Now when I drive, I make sure to check for cars twice before making a move. I've trained myself not to be distracted by always forcing my attention back. Also, my children know not to talk to me when I'm driving. I hope you're able to take steps to make certain you're a safe driver. Take care.

Hey Poppy! Yes, I get distracted easily as well, I often assumed it was linked to my ADD tho. I have a hard time remembering things, I often assumed this was linked to my ADD as well, since I get distracted so easily and I just can't concentrate for too long! My mom thinks I will end up making a huge mistake or something like that while driving or doing something important.

Do you know why you are having this concentration issues? I'm sure this must be caused by something! I'd talk about it with my doctor if I were you. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back