Do i have Fibromyalgia and what do i do if so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titusalone

Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi everyone
I wake up every morning with intense burning sensations in various parts of my body: wrists, arms, neck, torso sometimes. It goes away in about an hour or maybe two. I take paracetamol and ibuprofen. I am elderly.
This has been going on for 6 months, doctor not sure what it is.
Does anyone recognise these symptoms? If so please tell me what you do to treat them. It's really bad!!
Thanks
Mark

I'm sorry you are dealing with that. I would call my fibro pain more achy or dull, like how your body hurts all over when you have a fever. Hopefully someone else has similar experience so they can help you.

Hi Mark,
We cannot tell you if you have fibromyalgia or not.
You need to see a doctor, or most likely a series of doctors, in order to get information on what is going on with you. Since we here have fibromyalgia, we can give advice about that specifically. But it is possible that if you have something else going on, the advice for fibromyalgia could be completely wrong for your condition, so folks on here are going to be reluctant to give any advice on treatment until you actually know what it is. A diagnosis of fibro is a process of eliminating all the other things it could be, so you need to be tested for those things such as MS, arthritis, spinal conditions, and so on. Ask your doctor to refer you for more tests.

Hi Mark - Normally, apart from agreeing with the others, I'd be suggesting things to try out while waiting for the docs. I find it hard with this symptom. Pinpointing it more closely could help you *and the docs tho, so here's some suggestions to think about & try out: Is it never at daytime? Is it there when you wake up at night? Is it there wherever you sleep? Do hot or cold pads/showering help? Does it feel inside (tissue/muscles) or outside (skin)? Did you change anything when it started? (Like meds for instance?) What makes it worse? Do you drink / eat / breathe (= fresh air) enough? ...

Hi Jay, thanks for this input! As a matter of fact it only occurs first thing in the morning, never when I wake up in the middle of the night, and never in the daytime. It feels like inside, and nothing's really changed. My diet is good although I could certainly do with more exercise.
Thanks for taking the time to comment
Mark

You're welcome. OK: then apart from more exercise you could try hot or cold pads or showering...

Yea! Like it has been mentioned before, don't be a self doctor or don't depend on Google to diagnose your condition. It's always better to consult a series of doctors before confirming your condition. But I have to say your symptoms suggest you may have fibro but get professionals' opinions. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back