Not open for further replies.

Tara230807

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi everyone .im new here and hoping for some advice and information.i have suffered with pain for best part of 8 years now but always found some excuse for it.i went to see a doctor about it around 7 years ago as it had gotten so bad i was struggling to even walk.my doctor imediately put it down to my weight (not hugely over weight) and i felt abit fobbed off.well i went to my doctors about very bad pain about a year ago in my back,hips and abdomen.i told my doctor about suffering pain in other places over last 8 years but he just wanted to focus on my current area of pain.tested for kidney stones.had blood tests scans u name it and there appears to be nothing wrong with me.they now want to give me meds to treat bladder pain to see if thats helps.but i decided to do some research as i just know its not in my head as im sometimes made to feel.during this reasearch i came across fibromyalgia and suddenly realised that lots of other issues i had thought were completely unrelated were falling in the fibro catagory.i have ibs,insomnia,anxiety,stiffness,forgetfullness,itching,fatigue,pins and needles in my hands sometimes,heartburn with nausia.all thid as well as pain in hips,mid/low back,legs,shoulders,chest,abdomen.and i suddenly am wondering if its all related.im wondering how i go to my doctor as says "could it be this?".any help or advice from anyone would be amazing.thank you for reading.

Hi Tara, and welcome to the forum. What you describe could certainly be fibromyalgia, but you won't know for sure until you are tested for all of the (many) other things that could be causing this in your body. A fibromyalgia diagnosis is only reached by eliminating all those other things. It seems to me that you would benefit by going to a doctor and asking them if it could be FM, but be careful who you go to because many of us have been told that we are imagining it or are, as you say, fobbed off. You don't want that experience, as it is humiliating. If possible, do a little research and find a doctor who deals with fibromyalgia patients.

In the meantime, start doing the various things that you can do to raise your overall health, which may in turn lessen your pain, and will certainly help you to manage it. We are here to help and to support you. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back