Do I have fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

livy22347

Hi there. I’m still waiting on musculoskeletal physiotherapy but I’m just wondering would anyone be able to help me. I’ve had pain for months now in my shoulders, back, legs, feet, sometimes neck and when I went to the doctors he just said I’m really stiff but I’m achey all over my body all day everyday? Would anyone know if it is fibromyalgia? Also, if it is, will the physiotherapist be able to give me a crutch or something to help me walk as even washing stuff or getting into shower for illy a few minutes can be hard for me and my whole body starts to hurt. Anybody know if it could be fibromyalgia? Thanks

The thing about fibromyalgia is that getting a diagnosis is a process of elimination....testing for all the other things the symptoms may be indicating, and ruling them out. No one on this forum or elsewhere can tell you if what you have is fibro or not; you can only find out by getting those tests and consulting with doctors. I suggest that you continue with your exploration of the symptoms with the doctors you are referred to.
As for getting a crutch, this will be the decision of the doctor at the time you talk to them. I do caution you against asking other people, on the internet or in person, to help you come up with a diagnosis. The problem there is that it's impossible for people to know, so there would only be guesses. If you believe a guess, or decide to "diagnose" yourself it is very possible that it will be wrong, and then you could be trying to treat something on your own that needs to be treated by doctors. Just be patient and go through the process and find out. I wish you the best of luck.

Hi Livy,

Sunkacola's absolutely right. What you describe could potentially be part of the fibromyalgia picture, but there are also other things that can cause these kinds of symptoms - each of which would require different treatment, and some of which may get worse if ignored. This makes it really important to go through the diagnosis process properly. Do trust in your experience, and don't let your doctor fob you off! If you feel that what you're going through can't be explained as just being "really stiff", then your doctor must listen to you and investigate fully. So, push until they do! It can help to think through how to describe all of your symptoms before going to the doctor, and taking some notes to make sure you don't forget anything. I hope that you get the support you need, and get to the bottom of what's going on soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back