kmpisces

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Are there any particular vitamins that help you? I have a friend who sees these Vitamin packs she gets from GNC really help. They do not help her with pain. However, she says they do help her to have some energy and to feel less fatigued.

I know of a lot of people who try to take multivitamins every day to try to help with their condition. I don't really know whether or you they are able to make a difference in this respect, but it is a well known fact that you are going to be much more healthier if you have the right kinds of vitamins in your diet, and if you know that you don't have the right types of food to provide this to you, then it makes sense to take a supplement that would provide it for you.

I think that as long as you try to eat a balanced diet, including plenty of fruits and vegetables, you should find that you are able to get the vitamins that you need without having to take anything else.

I took some for a while and didn't really notice much of a difference, but I came to the conclusion that it must be because my diet was already quite healthy.

Yes it is true that having the right vitamins in your diet is a help. I know for me, I eat well but still have areas where I am deficient. That is one reason I was thinking vitamins might help. I cannot think of any reason it would hurt me to give them a try.

There is a pill that is supposed to lower inflammation of joints (also GNC) that I would like to try but I cannot remember it's name. Have you ever tried any of those joint miracle drugs? So many out there but they are costly, as well. What do you take for inflammation?

They recently told my husband to take B1 and D for his back pain. I told him I'd try them too--anything to work! Have to pick them up tomorrow.

I am not sure if they actually do help though I take them each day. I usually take vitamin d, vitamin b, calcium, cayenne pepper, colloidal silver and sometimes a multivitamin. I have gone days without taking vitamins and I do not notice any difference so I wonder if there is actually anything substantive in those little vitamin capsules. It wouldn't surprise me if they were merely placebos. I mean, what isn't a lie nowadays? Nothing is as it seems anymore.

I have read that vitamin C is supposed to be anti-inflammatory, so that would help with the swelling and pain. I buy mine in powder form and add some into juice or smoothies, and also in lemonade and even ice teas, or hot tea.
I think that taking vitamins will always help a person to feel better, and when you feel better, then you are better able to deal with the pain, at least it is worse for me when I am worn out, and exhausted.

I have read that vitamin C is supposed to be anti-inflammatory, so that would help with the swelling and pain. I buy mine in powder form and add some into juice or smoothies, and also in lemonade and even ice teas, or hot tea.
I think that taking vitamins will always help a person to feel better, and when you feel better, then you are better able to deal with the pain, at least it is worse for me when I am worn out, and exhausted.

I've actually read the same about vitamin c. I haven't experienced a reduction in pain as a result of using it though. Has it helped you? I haven't tried the powder form, maybe that will make a difference.

There is a pill that is supposed to lower inflammation of joints (also GNC) that I would like to try but I cannot remember it's name. Have you ever tried any of those joint miracle drugs? So many out there but they are costly, as well. What do you take for inflammation?

I don't know what GNC's anti-inflammation pill is... but when it comes to joint pain, I know a few people who swear by glucosamine/chondroitin for things like bad knees. Granted it's not anywhere near the level of all-over fibro pain, but it does seem to have an effect when it comes to joints that are hurting. There are pills, but I think I've also seen glucosamine liquid.

One supplement I take that no one has mentioned is acetyl l-carnitine. My doctor recommended it. It helps with my brain fog and fatigue. It is an amino acid that your body produces naturally. It helps the body produce energy.

I don't know what GNC's anti-inflammation pill is... but when it comes to joint pain, I know a few people who swear by glucosamine/chondroitin for things like bad knees. Granted it's not anywhere near the level of all-over fibro pain, but it does seem to have an effect when it comes to joints that are hurting. There are pills, but I think I've also seen glucosamine liquid.

I have tried glucosamine/chondroitin and it didn't do much for my arthritis. I felt a mild reduction in pain but nothing significant. It's funny how a plant (mary jane) can work ten times better than these medications in pill form.

I wouldn't worry about an anti inflammatory. Even though Fibro FEELS like inflammation, it's actually not the case. My blood tests have even revealed this on me. I've heard L Glutamine and Sam E help

I take some vitamins and herbs that seem to help ward off colds and keep my immune system stronger, at least that is what I have been told. I use Vitamin C and Vitamin D, Calcium for my bones, Echinacea and Ginger Root Capsules, and sometimes fish oil.

I have heard some here use Vitamin B-12. If you use it what mg do you use? I might like to try it and see if it helps calm my nerves. I could use it with taking care of my mom. lol :)

Right now I'm just taking a B complex, and so far so good! This complex helps to keep me relaxed and calm during the day, and help me to sleep at night. I was suffering from insomnia some weeks ago, but thanks to this B complex, I'm falling asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow! No kidding! It used to take me 3 or 4 hours to fall asleep everyday!

I take B12 injections and it has made a huge difference in the fibro fog and my energy levels. I stopped taking for a while because my doctor said my b 12 were in the normal range 325, but went down hill fast. went to my neurologist and he put my back on them and said my levels should be no lower then 450. What a difference on how I feel in general. I tried b12 pills and liquid and didn't have the same effect as the shots do. Yes, I had to learn to give myself a shot but is a small price to pay for feeling better. B 12 is cheap, no side effects and can not overdose. win win! I believe that I got my life back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back