Do you find what you eat affects how you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimer

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
CA
State
AB
I know that reducing sugar helps reduce inflammation, but I wonder if anyone else is sensitive to wheat and gets IBS symptoms? I stopped eating wheat a few years ago because of terrible bloating, aches, headaches and other bowel issues and recently just tried reintroducing it - two days of misery. Is this part of the Fibromyalgia miasma of misery?

I know that reducing sugar helps reduce inflammation, but I wonder if anyone else is sensitive to wheat and gets IBS symptoms? I stopped eating wheat a few years ago because of terrible bloating, aches, headaches and other bowel issues and recently just tried reintroducing it - two days of misery. Is this part of the Fibromyalgia miasma of misery?
I havent tried changing my diet at all. I did the dairy free, sugar free, gluten free years ago with NO noticeable results to my IBS. As for Fibro, I have not found anything specific that causes symptoms etc. Just seems to hit as it pleases.

You are probably gluten-intolerant. I suggest you try cutting all gluten out of your diet for at least a month and see if your gut problems go away. It requires that you read labels on things all the time. I am gluten intolerant myself, and my life improved a lot when I went gluten-free. You have to avoid anything made with wheat, rye, barley, or triticale. Oats are fine unless they are processed in a facility that uses wheat.

However, it did not reduce my chronic pain to go gluten free. It might for you, though, because we are all different. The things that affect me are alcohol, which I now drink only very rarely and only one drink, and never beer (gluten) or wine (makes my pain terrible the next day), and sugar consumption. I find I can eat only a small amount of sugar, and not daily. Experiment and see what helps you. But you have to give each thing you try at least a month to see if it is working for you or not, and only try one thing at a time or you will not ever know what helps.

Thank you for your replies - I am feeling better now a few days after eating the wheat. I don't drink at all so that isn't a problem. I will go back to a gluten free diet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back