Not open for further replies.

kat744

Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
KEN
State
nairobi
Fibromyalgia is classified as an heredity disease meaning other members in your family could also be suffering from it. They may not be immediate family members but still in your family line.

So far only me and my niece have this problem and may be others have but since detecting fibro is so hard, others may not know.

Are you alone in this state in your family.

I didn't know fibro was hereditary...I have a cousins wife with it .she is a lot worse than I am 4/5 days a week in bed
My Dad wonders if my Granma had it she was always in pain joints hurt et.etc. etc. She passed away years ago so not sure we also have the same Dr who doesn't believe in fibro .....

My father has it. Interesting, really. On my dad's side of the family, there is a prevalence of autoimmune/neurological issues. Pretty much at least one cousin from my father's siblings has an autoimmune disease or neurological issue. It's just rampant on his side of the family.

I'm not alone, my sister has it so did my granma. I only hope my children won't suffer from this, but I guess I'll have to wait to know for sure. I'm sure my girls will suffer from PCOS and that's more than enough... I know because my mom had it, so did my sister so do I!

as well as me , there is my mum, her mum and we now suspect her mum too but it was way too far back to know for certain as there was no such illness then. It would certainly explain her sharp crabby nature (sorry Nan but you wasn't always very pleasant) its where the rest of the family line get their *****iness from lol. My sister has a lot of problems too, not fibro but other auto immune and neurological issues.

Fibro is hereditary, IMO. I have a cousin who was diagnosed several years ago. I also think that my Granny had it. She was never officially diagnosed, but I see myself suffering from some of the same things I watched her suffer through. My husband and I don't have children, and I can only hope that if we ever do, that I don't pass it along to them.

My sister had it and my niece also has it. I believe there is a genetic link.

I have a niece with it. Her's is much worse than mine and she is half my age. She is pretty much house bound from what I understand. I didn't find out she had it until recently.

A maternal aunt, who lived in another city. Silly me, asked my aunt about her type of arthritis - that's what my mom told me it was.
What an overpowering mind blast for me. So, that's what's wrong with me - ever since I can remember.

I instinctively said nothing to my aunt at that moment - thank goodness for that. Nothing worse than hearing "I think I also have FB"
I've heard so many callous comments from folks - "I had that too and I prayed about it and it's gone" - That one really hurt - real bad.
My mom thinks it's all in our heads. Fake aches and symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back