Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
NC
I'm brainstorming trying to figure out why I feel so crappy this week, so I'm thinking about all the things I think trigger my pain.

Gluten
Stress
Sitting in the same position for a long time
Bupropin (generic of Wellbutrin)
Not drinking enough water

I just finished up ten days of antibiotics for an ear infection and sinus infection, and I don't think it helped at all because my ears still hurt. Now I'm sitting here thinking they were probably laced with gluten. :roll:

My triggers are about how I eat, and sleep mainly. If I eat, and sleep well, then, my Fibromyalgia symptoms are not as bad most of the time. Eating healthier has made a big difference in my pain level throughout my body. I eat gluten free now, and, the pain i used to suffer from is much less. Then by adding good sleep along with eating healthier, my overall health is better. How I eat, and how much I sleep play an important role in controlling the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.

I'm still working on it, but after this winter I now know that cold hurts. And this spring - weather changes hurt. Also overdoing it. If I do too much, I pay for it. That's all I got so far.

Mine are sugar, grains, barometric pressure changes, stress, and cold. Sugar causes anxiety, and anxiety causes the worst fibro pain. If I avoid all these triggers I hardly feel the fibro. Still combating the CFS and hypoglycemia though.

Weather changes, wind, pollen, stresses from work, poor diet (i.e. not enough fruits, veggies and protein and too many sugars and carbs) and not enough water...really working on trying to drink more water to keep hydrated as dehydration adds to the fatigue....long drives leave me feeling that I sat on the hood and acted as a wind deflector (LOL!) and also sets off my back muscles into a flare from holding the steering wheel....absolutely hate driving on high wind days as holding the steering wheel to keep the car on the road kills my back (I do drive with my heating pad on my driver's seat to help with that issue or use the thermacare patches on my back)...I smoke...I'm sure that doesn't help.

My triggers are stress. I am fairly stable because I can, for the most part, keep my stressors to a minimum. If I was working, I'd be in pretty rough shape. Not working, means I have to spend a good deal of time with my parents; which can sometimes be stressful. It's not as bad as what working would be like so I accept what can't be changed.

I'm sure food can be thrown in there too but I'm not sure what is what at this point. As soon as I put food in my mouth I get extremely bloated. I need to figure out what's causing this because it's making me feel unwell.

Mine (that I know of) are:
stress
diet
not enough exercise
too much exercise
vog (a problem where I live in Hawaii, volcanic smoke gets into the air and makes it difficult to breath easy)
lack of sleep (which is a constant problem for me)
That's it.

For me definitely stress, cig smoke in the air, bright lights, loud music or noise, diet, and/or lack of sleep.

Mine are sugar, grains, barometric pressure changes, stress, and cold. Sugar causes anxiety, and anxiety causes the worst fibro pain. If I avoid all these triggers I hardly feel the fibro. Still combating the CFS and hypoglycemia though.

Absolutely for me too. I am now very sensitive to cold, and I eating sugar and gluten free which seems to help some. I think stress and overwork are the biggest triggers for me.

Bella

For me definitely stress, cig smoke in the air, bright lights, loud music or noise, diet, and/or lack of sleep.

I find it interesting that many of the fibro triggers you mentioned here in your own case are also migraine triggers for some people. I think that with so many things in common, that the medical community should know a lot more about fibro than is currently known.

Lately it seems to be cold more than anything else, stress also seems to be one of my major triggers as well. As for my migraine triggers... there are too many to name them all, but here are the main ones for me: stress, emotional issues, crying, coffee, cold drinks, bright lights, loud noises, etc. My migraines are the worse most of the time, sadly now I also have to dial with sinus headaches :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back