Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Central
In this world, wonders on top of wonders are happening. Ditto with problems. The world is stumbling from one crisis to another and even the best brains are mystified by the flux and unpredictability of events. During my quiet moments I research on the Bible and have come to learn alot, much more than anything you can learn from Euclidian hypothesis or even metaphysics. I have learnt irrefutably that the origin of every existential state today can be traced to the book of Genesis. I don't intend to proselytize, but do you read the Bible?

No personally I am not a bible reader....i am too busy fighting fibro and fibrofog and making sure my family are ok to be researching the bible searching for answers regarding world events.

Last edited:
Yes, I do read the Bible, and have for many years. One day I will be with Him--the sooner the better--and every page teaches me about my God. I know after a decade of so many terrible physical trials I would have killed myself if it weren't for Jesus. When I cry out for mercy, He never fails to answer me in my distress. It has been a real trial of faith to accept why He would allow such prolonged suffering. But as usual, I must wrap my mind around His ways. I am much more peaceful now about the suffering He allows me and others to go through. It has taken a long, long time to reach it.

Even if you are not religious, I think it's good to read The Book of Job and the new testament regarding Jesus Christ. The bottom line, everyone suffers; I think reading the bible can help put it into perspective. And putting it into perspective and coming to terms with it is almost a daily battle.
So again, I reread and get my thinking back in line. Also, not to diminish anyone's suffering, but someone always has it worse.

I'm a pastor, so reading the bible is in my job description! :) Sometimes it helps, sometimes not so much. I love the psalms. I love that David sometimes felt abandoned and wondered where God was in all this. And I love that he chose to trust and have faith. That choice is my daily struggle.

I find prayer more helpful and being a part of a Christian community keeps me connected to the outside world.

I love the Bible, it gives answeres that I can't come up with in my mind. Although I have researched things in the bible, I've found if I study it regularly the answers are always there and research isn't necessary.

I do look at the world around me and c events correlating with the bible. However I always remind myself of being a child and hearing "old" people talk about rock and roll and long haired heathens and that was a sign of the end. I can remember my dad playing our record albums backward and snapping them in half if he thought he heard a satanists. The world will come to the end, and satin is hiding everywhere, but both of these have ALWAYS been true. I chose not to worry much about that. Our time line and Gods timeline are different.

The bibles teachings help me to be a better person. I find peace from it. I'm much more forgiving, less apt to even look at others flaws and easier to ask for forgiveness, and hope when there seems do be none. all of which bring me peace.

And since this is about the bible, I will add my religious opinions. It doesn't matter if you believe in the lord, learning, and educating yourself never hurt anyone. If you study it enough and apply its teachings to your life you will become a believer. Blind faith is hard, it goes against everything we've been taught as humans. most would say it's only for strong Christians but the truth is when I was at my weakest my faith showed up maybe by a string but that was when I needed it the most. I would not be here now if not for it and remembering the bibles promises and instructions.

God is my only hope for my fibromyalgia, my doctors need his guidance as they don't know much about it and without God working on my (our) behalf, they don't seem to be interested in learning.

May God bless us all with a cure. Amen

Last edited:
I'm religious, but I don't read The Bible as often as I should. I know many people who turn to religion to help then cope with pain and I think that's a wonderful idea! I encourage anyone to do whatever helps them.

Yes I read the Bible and find it helpful mentally to daily & more pray for strength, wisdom and help during the trying days of coping with fibromyalgia and unbelieving family members.

I don't .i think my brain just don't understand it.i do have dislexisa .so I find it hard to read. But I do love and understand some of it.

I am a Bible reader and believer. I used to read a lot more, but now due to brain fog reading in general is hard for me.

brett, I also have a hard time memorizing, etc. but that is the very thing I pray for! As it is God's word, He can and does give understanding, etc. I'm sure he wants us to depend on Him for this as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.